new firmware update 10.4.4.20

xGMANx

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Wow. Just checked and it's there! What does this update provide?

Sent from my awesome Asus Infinity T700 using Tapatalk HD!

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure this will be helpful. It appears whatever changes are under the hood so to speak. I haven't noticed much difference. My tablet seems a bit zipper, keyboard appears to have lost the slight lag.Anyone know if we can find a change log anywhere?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
can someone post a screenshot of the about screen with the new firmware version please? don't forget to blur out personally indentifying information.

greenmd09

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update an hour ago.
I think things seem a bit smoother, and if my eyes have me correct, I think the icons are a bit larger (or am I imagining??)

I was on Skype when the update was rolling out so the camera crashed and the other person lost video but still heard me. The back video is fine but I dont know if its with my tablet or not but the front camera is blacking out. I only see black and a bunch of straight lines. Anyone have that problem?? Please, check your front and back camera and let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
i too feel it is snappier, and so far typing all this up, ZERO keyboard lag!! :-D

looks like wifi, bluetooth, kernal and build numbers have been updated:

wifi
------------------
was: v7.0.2.24
is now: v7.0.2.62

bluetooth
------------------
was: v10.31
is now: v10.33

kernal
-------------------
was: 3.1.10, android@Uranus)), #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 12 11:50:00 CST 2012
is now: 3.1.10, android@Ceres)), #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Oct 26 18:00:07 CST 2012

build number
-------------------
was: JRO03C.US_epad-10.4.4.18-20121012
is now: JRO03C.US_epad-10.4.4.20-20121026

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
The back video is fine but I dont know if its with my tablet or not but the front camera is blacking out. I only see black and a bunch of straight lines. Anyone have that problem?? Please, check your front and back camera and let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

both my cameras are working
(but i didnt check through skype, did via native camera app)

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update an hour ago.
I think things seem a bit smoother, and if my eyes have me correct, I think the icons are a bit larger (or am I imagining??)

I was on Skype when the update was rolling out so the camera crashed and the other person lost video but still heard me. The back video is fine but I dont know if its with my tablet or not but the front camera is blacking out. I only see black and a bunch of straight lines. Anyone have that problem?? Please, check your front and back camera and let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My cameras both work fine. I don't understand, it just automatically updated? My tablet just gave me a notification and I chose to update. I even went to play store first and made sure all my apps were up to date. And did a cold boot before installing. Is this a preference, to have it auto update?

raptus

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
This is what we have been waiting for guys. Major boost and no more lags! It is a completely different experience. Saved me some time cause I was planning a root this weekend :) So fr no issues.

petefromphilly

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Just got my update. Definitely snapier performance. Even page rendering on Firefox and Chrome seems a lot better. Hope the performance holds up.

Buddy2013

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
I am new here, and I like to update my firmware on the Infinity TF700t but cannot find it?
I am getting my New Infinity TF700t tomorrow and very excited and wish to have it up to date and if anyone
that has any info that I need to know it will be much appreciated.:)

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,
I am new here, and I like to update my firmware on the Infinity TF700t but cannot find it?
I am getting my New Infinity TF700t tomorrow and very excited and wish to have it up to date and if anyone
that has any info that I need to know it will be much appreciated.:)

When on your home screen, tap the top right icon to bring up the app drawer
Then search for app called Settings and tap that
When in Settings, scroll all the way down on the left until you see About Tablet, tap that
Then tap System Update, this forces the tablet to search for the update, hit check or search
Hope that helps.

Buddy2013

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
how do i transfer movies and music from my usb to the internal storage

Also, is it normal when your charging the tablet (Not the keyboard ) that it fires up and charges
without putting it on?

Last edited:

petefromphilly

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Buddy, you should be able to simply copy files from your USB drive simply by copy and paying the files in the file manager. I recommend getting ASTRO file manager from the play stole for extra goodies like drive and drop box support.

Every android device I've ever owned has woken up when the charger was connected.It's totally normal.

Sneakersislife

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
i realize this is a little late, but i did the update when it released and noticed no problems for the most part, however recently ive begun to notice some things out of whack. the only issues im having are minor and nothing to do with lag or shut offs or anything like that, the clock in the bottom right shows the complete wrong time, right now it is showing 5:55 when it is actually 12:40 and i havent been able to fix. the other issue i am having is inside the youtube app, when i first launch the app it works fine, but if i click on a video to watch and decide i want to search for something else, clicking in the search bar and trying to type is impossible. as soon as i start to type the cursor highlights one of the featured videos and does not let me type at all unless i exit the app or go back to the main page, any ideas?

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Strange!
I really wish I knew what to tell you besides a factory reset.
Any new clock apps recently installed taking control over?
Are you on a newer/older version of YouTube?

andersonitalian

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Have the Asus Transformer Infinity 700.

A few questions that maybe yo guys/gals can help me with.
Still waiting for the new update so I can at least get to use Flipboard on the tablet.
I bought my daughter the Samsung Galaxy Tablet 7" v2. After using it Ilook at the asus and wonder why it is slower, interface sucks and very laggy in performance mode.
Not sure how to root the device but I went with the tablet because I have the Asus G73s Laptp and it blows everything away. Everything else in the house is Samsung, While being a noob when it comes to tablets I am constantly in a battle whether to keep it or ebay it and get a samsung.... I love the specs, but hope it is in the setup, not the hardware issues.

Anyone willing to help please send me an email to and reply to this thread,
Help me believe in Asus again!

Thanks,
Christian

Last edited by a moderator: