Anyone know best email addy to contact Asus support?

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know a definitive email or phone contact info? I've looked through the papers that came with it and online and can't find anything that seems appropriate. My Infinity (bought in September) just started crapping out a few days ago (while on a road on a trip of course). It's turning itself off after a couple of minutes use, and when I try to charge it, it turns off almost instantly when it's plugged in. I'd like to replace it while it's still on warranty. Any help for best way to get in touch with Asus support would be appreciated.

idaute

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
It could well be that the charging module (the unit that plugs into your electrical outlet) has given up the ghost. It is well documented on other forums that Asus laid an egg with their charger. If you only have the Infinity tablet and not the keyboard dock, you can try charging the tablet from your computer using the USB plug on your charging cable plugged into a USB outlet on your computer. To charge this way, the tablet must be turned off. It will take longer to charge inasmuch as the USB from your computer is 5 volt and the voltage from the decrepid Asis wall unit is 15. Try charging your tablet with your computer over night. If it works, you need a new charging unit. Check Ebay, you can get a good charger for one third the price that Asus wants for their inferior one. You can read on other forums where people have put their Asus wall unit in a freezer for a half hour or so, and it miraculously works again. There is speculation that there is an over heat device in the wall unit that gets stuck, and the freezer treatment corrects it. It did not with my unit, and I simply bought a superior charger on Ebay. Have had no problem with the charger that I got on Ebay.

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks folks for your replies. @ frenziedfemale I did register but was having trouble getting the fields on my tablet to accept the info, but that link you posted worked on my computer. Hopefully I will get an acceptable reply. @idaute I had vaguely heard that freezer trick somewhere, it sounded silly at the time but I guess I'll give it a try. This is pretty bad if this is an ongoing problem they are aware of though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish