WeChat Incompatibility

Henry Lynn

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello all.

I just purchased an ASUS Transformer TF700T and so far it is pretty cool. However, I live in China and will be heading back after the holidays and I want to download and use WeChat but it says that WeChat is incompatible with my device. WeChat is by the same people who created QQ and is a social media sight that a ton (millions) of people use in China. This is a cool way to stay connected with friends all over the world and I want to know if anyone has a workaround as I thought that since this is an Android device that I could use it on my TF700T.

Thanks for the help.

Skip

idaute

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
You will first have to download an apk. file for WeChat. You can search various places to do that by a web search for "download WeChat apk".
Once you have downloaded the apk. file for WeChat, you now have to sideload it to the Infinity. This is done by
1. Going to settings, security, and click to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.
2. Open File Manager and search for the WeChat .apk file you just downloaded. The apk. file that I was interested in was downloaded to my external flash when I did this. Click on WeChat .apk when you find it. This will install the flash player on your Infinity.
3. Go back to settings, security, and click to disallow the installation of apps from unknown sources. You do not want your Infinity to continue to allow apps from unknown sources.
4. Your Infinity now has WeChat installed and you will be able to use that app.
Hope this helps.

idaute

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Just in case you also want to download flash player to your infinity, here is a previous post that I made:
Go to:
Archived Flash Player versions (put your cursor over the blue words and you will be able to see the actual url in case you are going to use another computer and need to type in the actual url).
Scroll down the page until you reach Android section, specifically "Flash Player for Android 4.0 archives"
choose Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4.0 (11.1.115.32). This is the latest version I know of, but if there is one with a number higher than 32 in the last two digits, select it to download. It will download on your Infinity.
You now have to sideload it to the Infinity. This is done by
1. Going to settings, security, and click to allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.
2. Open File Manager and search for the Adobe Flash Player .apk file you just downloaded. It was downloaded to my external flash when I did this. Click on Adobe Flash Player .apk when you find it. This will install the flash player on your Infinity.
3. Go back to settings, security, and click to disallow the installation of apps from unknown sources. You do not want your Infinity to continue to allow apps from unknown sources.
4. Your Infinity now has flash player installed and you will be able to use the browser to go to pages that require flash player.
Hope this helps.