Undecided and need help please

SeniorAlex

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again Rezkeh, all noted and it helps me understand more all the time. Leaning a little more towards i-pad at present as I do like the easy life. We'll see what transpires after tomorrows store visit.
Alex

SeniorAlex

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Bill, thanks again for your help. I will still check them both out and then make up my mind. I've been a bit lazy in not looking into these things before, but it looks a good way to get some more equipment that I can play with and have fun.

Alex

Rezkeh

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Alex,

Very happy to help! If you have any more questions then I'm sure either someone else here or I can offer an answer. Whichever device you decide to go for, I'm sure you won't be disappointed - they are both great bits of kit.

SeniorAlex

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Alex,

Very happy to help! If you have any more questions then I'm sure either someone else here or I can offer an answer. Whichever device you decide to go for, I'm sure you won't be disappointed - they are both great bits of kit.

Thanks everyone, I decided to go for the i-pad 4 64G as it ticked all the boxes. Alll I need do now is work out how to use it, but I'm sure it will get easier as I progress.

Will not be back to this site now, so good luck to all and have a great year.

Alex

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I decided to go for the i-pad 4 64G as it ticked all the boxes. Alll I need do now is work out how to use it, but I'm sure it will get easier as I progress.

Will not be back to this site now, so good luck to all and have a great year.

Alex

That's okay keep exploring. Things are changing so fast you never know what happens six months from now. For me simply my long time with Apple stuff has come to an end, unless I see different things happening this year.

In the end technology is to make us happy otherwise why bother.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

bill2reg

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
It seems Alex would not be at ease with any tablet, stressing several times about the difficulties in learning how to use a tablet, and "set it up". What is there to set up, apart from charging the battery for the initial use? He clearly doesn't understand the usefulness of expansion of memory, battery power and keyboard. I wonder if he ever really saw an Infinity with keyboard attached, and how it folds down so nicely? And yet, when detached from the keyboard, it's a very nice, thin and lightweight tablet, easily comparable to iPad or Galaxy. He had stated that he wanted a real keyboard, but carrying around an Apple bluetooth computer keyboard is less desirable than the 'notebook' style of the Asus. I hope the iPad works out for him though.

marcus0263

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Let's see my Mother is in her 70's got her a Xoom over a year ago, she loved it until she got it ripped off so I got her a Nexus 7. She loves that even more, it's just the right size for her to carry around in her purse.

I wanted the TF700, suited my needs more so I gave my Xoom to my Father who is in his 80's, he's almost always has it on him. Both of them use it for web browsing, emails, photo's, readers, light gaming, church stuff, etc. It's much easier/convenient than a laptop for them.

Back a couple of years ago Apple may have had an advantage with ICS Android really addressed most of the issues and Jelly Bean really IMO (I'm not alone either) has overtaken Apple. The hardware options also blows Apple out of the water.

Sent from my Android tablet w/ Tapatalk HD

sr2012

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Let's see my Mother is in her 70's got her a Xoom over a year ago, she loved it until she got it ripped off so I got her a Nexus 7. She loves that even more, it's just the right size for her to carry around in her purse.

I wanted the TF700, suited my needs more so I gave my Xoom to my Father who is in his 80's, he's almost always has it on him. Both of them use it for web browsing, emails, photo's, readers, light gaming, church stuff, etc. It's much easier/convenient than a laptop for them.

Back a couple of years ago Apple may have had an advantage with ICS Android really addressed most of the issues and Jelly Bean really IMO (I'm not alone either) has overtaken Apple. The hardware options also blows Apple out of the water.

Sent from my Android tablet w/ Tapatalk HD

Indeed 2013 was a very disappointing year for Apple users.

Just got an Asus ROG laptop as well and it is a beast. Apple... *sigh*

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums