New firmware 10.4.4.25

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Well it seems to me that the TWRP 'factory reset' option will accomplish what you are after. Check here: [RECOVERY]TWRP 2.2.2.0 now with USB OTG [2012-08-24] - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki - Page 89
I find it confusing that they call it "Factory Reset" though. Implies to me, that it reverts the tab to the state it was in when it left the factory - ROM and all. But it seems, they mean that you wipe anything you installed after you got it.
The core apps (Asus, Google etc.) seem to be in \system\app, whereas everything you install yourself is in \data\app and that is what TWRP wipes.

Interesting!
The fog is lifting! Slowly but surely......

Thank you, sir! Actually, duh on my part ... anytime I did a factory reset on my DInc (after it was rooted & ROM'ed), it always reset back to a fresh install of whatever ROM was installed. This is my first time using TWRP; so, I guess I just wanted to be extra sure.

As of this AM, though, I see no need to reset. :)

If green_lantern or anyone else wants written instructions, I actually typed up the process - within a Google Document - that was demoed in the YouTube video (he made the process longer than it needed to be). I used my check list to proceed through my install ... easy fortunately.

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
If green_lantern or anyone else wants written instructions, I actually typed up the process - within a Google Document - that was demoed in the YouTube video (he made the process longer than it needed to be). I used my check list to proceed through my install ... easy fortunately.

:good: That's the spirit!
I'd be interested to see it, actually.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, sir! Actually, duh on my part ... anytime I did a factory reset on my DInc (after it was rooted & ROM'ed), it always reset back to a fresh install of whatever ROM was installed. This is my first time using TWRP; so, I guess I just wanted to be extra sure.

As of this AM, though, I see no need to reset. :)

Thanks but who is green_lantern *cough* *cough*
I kid, I kid ;-)

I will Def come back here when I feel ready and when have the time :)

Thank you!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I kid, I kid ;-)

Thank you!

LOOOOVE IT! LOL

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I kid, I kid ;-)

Thank you!

LOL. My apologies. :)

I'll clean up the checklist and post a link to it soon. need to run errands.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
btw, no ... I do not know what the screen looks like at smaller DPI. I'd like to try it sometime - probably right before the next big ROM update.

When you are finished, how about screenshots of the new customized look, Bern? ;)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
btw, no ... I do not know what the screen looks like at smaller DPI. I'd like to try it sometime - probably right before the next big ROM update.

When you are finished, how about screenshots of the new customized look, Bern? ;)

Finished?? I doubt that I'll ever be finished! LOL
That's the beauty of Android: Soooo many ways to customize....

But here's the current state of a work in progress:

I am trying to apply the idea of "hubs" for the home screens, each one holding shortcuts and/or widgets of a certain category: work, media etc
I found such gorgeous pictures in "Wallbase", my wallpaper app (great app, let's you specify to only show you wallpaper of a certain resolution, 1920x1200 for the TF700), that I don't want to plaster them over with tons of icons and widgets. Hence 5 screens with relatively few icons. Took that even a step further with "FolderOrganizer" which I use because I don't really like the look of the icon folders in stock launcher or ADW. I'll include a screen shot of one screen with a folder open.
"MultiPicture Wallpaper" lets you set a different picture for each screen, and - amazingly enough - is the first wallpaper app other than Asus MyFrame that scales the pictures to my liking (almost) ;)
What else? Oh yeah, the launcher is ADW with the "Sense" theme applied.
The widgets on screen 3, my home screen, are Beautiful Widgets. Except for the two icons in lower left (work,widget), those are ADW custom icons changed with an app called SimpleText, and they provide a shortcut to screens 1 and 5. Why? Because you CAN! Just foolin' around....
Pretty soon I won't have this kind of time anymore, so I make the most of it now....

Attachments

• Screenshot 01.jpg
    Screenshot 01.jpg
    752.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 03.jpg
    Screenshot 03.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 04.jpg
    Screenshot 04.jpg
    958.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 05.jpg
    Screenshot 05.jpg
    585.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 06.jpg
    Screenshot 06.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot 08.jpg
    Screenshot 08.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 21

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
O man ... I love those glass icons. The rest of it looks hot, too. Nice wallpapers!

Fortunately, I already have several of those apps. What app did you use to make the icons again?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm not complaining; just providing some information to give a real world report to would-be flashers here.

This evening, my tablet started lagging pretty badly all of a sudden (temporarily). I then noticed that a few apps had updated automatically. So, that may be a bug that is affecting this otherwise great ROM. I will see if it happens again next time I have 2 or more updates coming in at the same time.

Not a perfect world, but it's certainly better than what ASUS dumped on us. :)

EDIT: also, I've come to accept that Chrome for Android tablets just is NOT ready to be the daily driver. The default Android browser is still so much more polished for the tablet experience. IE: scrolling down long web pages is horrible in Chrome, but fast as hell in the Android browser.

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
EDIT: also, I've come to accept that Chrome for Android tablets just is NOT ready to be the daily driver. The default Android browser is still so much more polished for the tablet experience. IE: scrolling down long web pages is horrible in Chrome, but fast as hell in the Android browser.

Did you download the latest files for AdAway?
Just discovered this myself today. You actually have to open the app, download the latest files, reboot.
Made a notable difference for me. Stock browser is even faster, Chrome is actually pretty good.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Did you download the latest files for AdAway?
Just discovered this myself today. You actually have to open the app, download the latest files, reboot.
Made a notable difference for me. Stock browser is even faster, Chrome is actually pretty good.

Thank you, good sir. I did not know it was a manual responsiblity ... just updated AdAway.

Have you ever experienced lag during automatic app updates?

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Thank you, good sir. I did not know it was a manual responsiblity ... just updated AdAway.

Have you ever experienced lag during automatic app updates?

Cannot say that I noticed.
Moved a file (movie) of 1.8 GB from USB to micro SD today and that definitely slowed it down. But that is not surprising I think.

Sneakersislife

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
fairly late to this thread, but after this update one of the major differences i noticed was that i am now not able to pair my ps3 controller to my tablet using the cable. before i was able to plug the controller into the dock and press the ps3 button to get the tablet to recognize the controller, now it does nothing. ive tried 2 different controllers with 2 different cables with both bluetooth on and off with no success. im just wondering if anyone else is having this issue, im running the latest version of stock jellybean .

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I have no such controller or stock software anymore.

Sorry.

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
am i the only one having this issue? im sure i cant be the only one that uses a controller to play games on the infinity.

Maybe you should try a thread where they discuss that topic. I'm sure there are some.