I will never buy any asus product again.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Yes. According to many reports from tech writers and users, the latest update removes the ability to root. Also, the latest update is not for Jelly Bean 4.3. The JB version is still 4.2.1. The update changes the build# to JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.14.10-20130801.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using AC Forums mobile app

I'm glad I rooted when I did, then. I did not know ASSUS locked the device even more.

I tell ya, without root & CleanROM / CROMi-X, I would have long since buried the TF700 in the junk drawer.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 4

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH ASUS EEE PAD
For the one's here that say the Eee Pad TF700T is good, well PLEASE LOOK AT You Tube " Be In Hawaii ".
For almost a year, nothing but problems. Last 6 months I have been posting on You Tube just so Asus could see what I as a paying customer was going through. POOR product, a lot of problems. Look for yourself. If anyone else is having any of these problems, please let me know. Sad that a company Like Asus will not stand behind their products or customers.

Your videos are all about the same problem. So you got a busted digitizer - it happens... what's your point? Asus refused to repair it? Why don't you send it in???????

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Be In Hawaii

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Well please apply to Asus to repair their products. Guess you did not really watch the videos, just gave a response.
Some history for you, Purchased in Nov 2012, returned to asus in Dec 2012, returned to me in Jan 2013, then another 3 times returning to Asus for basically the same problems each time.
I only started to record the videos in HOPE that it would help the TECH's, if your one, to resolve the problems. They, Asus finally replaced the unit with a used unit from corporate. That is the unit I currently have now, 9/2/13. That one worked good for about one and a half months, then started with the same issues. Returned it and Asus replaced the Mother Board. So, is the Digitizer on or within the mother board? Any of the last months you tube videos are of the unit they sent me with a replaced mother board. So, yes I have sent it in, have over 150 e-mails and yes they have attempted to repair it. On two occasions the first time I used it after they returned it, it Failed. By failing, it did the same things that I sent it in for repair. And yes I did a factory data reset before using it. In one of the videos they, Asus, returned the unit to me FedEx in an OPEN box. Not taped shut, just the flap closed. A $500.00 item that could have fallen out of the box, let alone been stolen by just opening the carton. Look at that video. So, what do you think? If all the videos are the same, should have been a easy fix. They are not all the same. Thanks for your reply, hope this helps you understand why I am posting this in the first place. $700.00 for the Eee Pad and Docking station and just Problems. Can't even use it.

Be In Hawaii

May 16, 2013
Visit site
berndlb
Well please apply to Asus to repair their products. Guess you did not really watch the videos, just gave a response.
Some history for you, Purchased in Nov 2012, returned to asus in Dec 2012, returned to me in Jan 2013, then another 3 times returning to Asus for basically the same problems each time.
I only started to record the videos in HOPE that it would help the TECH's, if your one, to resolve the problems. They, Asus finally replaced the unit with a used unit from corporate. That is the unit I currently have now, 9/2/13. That one worked good for about one and a half months, then started with the same issues. Returned it and Asus replaced the Mother Board. So, is the Digitizer on or within the mother board? Any of the last months you tube videos are of the unit they sent me with a replaced mother board. So, yes I have sent it in, have over 150 e-mails and yes they have attempted to repair it. On two occasions the first time I used it after they returned it, it Failed. By failing, it did the same things that I sent it in for repair. And yes I did a factory data reset before using it. In one of the videos they, Asus, returned the unit to me FedEx in an OPEN box. Not taped shut, just the flap closed. A $500.00 item that could have fallen out of the box, let alone been stolen by just opening the carton. Look at that video. So, what do you think? If all the videos are the same, should have been a easy fix. They are not all the same. Thanks for your reply, hope this helps you understand why I am posting this in the first place. $700.00 for the Eee Pad and Docking station and just Problems. Can't even use it.
TBolt, hope you like this too..

CHIP72

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Considering I own both an Android Transformer Pad 300 and a Windows 8 VivoBook X202E (both Asus-made) and I haven't had any major issues with the VivoBook but have had some of the same kinds of problems people have described above with the Transformer Pad (especially after the Android 4.1 "upgrade"), I think problem lies with Android, not Asus.

If you want to support Google, buy a chromebook.

Robert Kirkpatrick

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I have had mine for several months and love it no lag no force crashes the only non factory thing running on mine is flash11 oh and video kills the ipad so dont even go there. there will always be a unhappy buyer out there but the reviewsare right the tf700 is amazing!!!

Brandon Sohm

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I have just had a horrible experience. I have a hyper sensitive screen, yet certain parts of my screen do not work. My kids will play minecraft and the machine will build and destroy blocks for them, I will be trying to type, and my TF700 will type on its own. I finally had to disable the password, because it would not let me on. Any time I type, it auto types and then my device locks me out. If I have more than 10 GB on my machine, it is very slow, and the machine is completely un responsive. Apart from what I previous described, the GPS will turn it self on and off, the wifi will turn it self on and off, the device will auto power on and off, it will auto eject the usb cord so that I can not transfer data. While people claim that this is an isolated experience, I almost feel that their positive experience is the isolated experience. I know a couple others that have the same tablet that say the same things about their tablet. I actually do not know a single person that has this tablet that has had a good experience. ASUS no longer will receive a dime from me. I did send my tablet into them, they want $260 to fix it. It is under a year old. Essentially, if the machine is scratched they can deny the 1 year warranty. STAY AWAY FROM THIS TABLET IF YOU CAN.

Last edited:

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I agree - unless you're willing to unlock and load a custom rom on this baby. Then it's one of the best tablets available right now. Or buy the TF701 which is great out of the box and even better running CROMi-X :)

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

Fafaflunkie

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I seriously doubt Asus will do anything more from a firmware update standard for the TF700. I've got to the point with that tablet running so sluggish and no luck unlocking the bootloader (despite how many gazillion times I tried running the unlock app only to get "network error" or "invalid password" (when I know I typed my Google password correctly, why would an unlock app need this is beyond me.) that I've abandoned it. Such a nice tablet too. Damn expensive one as well. So I replaced that expensive tablet with an even more expensive one: a Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. Off to the Samsung forums; time to get the "S" out of this thing, if you know what I mean.

fonepad7

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
The asus transformer infinity is the worst product I ever buy: slow, laggy, buggy: really it's a real piece of crap. One of my friend bought a cheap nexus 7 and I tried it: it's like 5 time faster than my transformer infinity 500 bucks tablet. I tried to getting help with Asus support: a real joke too: they want me to pay the postal cost to return the tablet. The word as to spread: dont buy asus tablet, donmt make my mistake. Go with the samsung galaxy 10: I tried it too: way much faster and not buggy like my asus tablet.

ohh !!!so sorry for you.... but don't blame entire asus..my new fonepad7 is cool worthy for a gamer like me .it's money saver for students like us and when compared with my friends Nexus it performs
equally as nexus :)

Posted via Android Central App

gfvalvo

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand way I should have to root and CROMI ROM (whatever that is) a $600 tablet before it's useable. Shouldn't it be usable out of the box?

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand way I should have to root and CROMI ROM (whatever that is) a $600 tablet before it's useable. Shouldn't it be usable out of the box?

Yeah it should be. But what do you do if it isn't??

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

gfvalvo

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it should be. But what do you do if it isn't??

I think the answer to that question is contained in the title of this thread. I didn't buy this product to become a hobbyist / hacker. I bought it to fulfill certain needs which based on its performance specs and price it should have been able to handle. It couldn't / didn't. I'll look elsewhere.

dervari

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I went with a Samsung Galaxy tab s and it completely blows away the asus. My uptime is over 30 days without a reboot. I rebooted the asus every other day.

Marcelo123

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Same here. I purchased an ASUS Transformer T100TA, the device will lose battery power even though it was connected to AC outlet. I returned about a month ago via RMA, and it was returned back to me in worst shape, this time around they sent me the unit with supposedly a new Motherboard, but not only that the device still won't charge, but the OEM License which should correspond with the Operating System, was never activated and no one at the support center knew what to do, and to make matters worst the wireless card did not work either. I sent them back and it has been over 2 weeks and they still scratching their heads. My advice. STAY AWAY from this product and STAY AWAY from ASUS altogether, it is a mickey mouse organization to say the least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol