I haven't seen any news of a new Transformer Inifinity tablet. Have I missed something or is Asus not going to release an updated tablet for the Infinity 700?
    03-08-2013 03:35 PM
    I was just coming to the forums to ask this same question! I was hoping Asus would announce an update to the Transformer line at MWC -- especially after they released the teaser video with the "docking" church -- but it turned out to be the new PadFone. From all of the searching I've done, it doesn't seem like anything has been mentioned, but I'm hopeful for the Q2 and Q3 of this year. Considering Asus' relationship with Google, I'd be surprised if they didn't announce something shortly after Google I/O in May. Also, the Tegra 4 was announced not too long ago, and I feel like the chances of them using it in their future devices is high.

If I had my way, the new Transformers would have the following features:

- Smaller bezel
    - Larger keyboard trackpad
    - at least two USB ports (ideally USB 3.0, but that seems like a stretch)
    - larger batteries
    - dual speakers (front-facing, even?)
    - programmable macro keys (I'm tired of not being able to launch Chrome with the dedicated 'browser' key, and the 'menu' key is essentially obsolete)
    - NFC (I like to send files to/from my phone, and enabling Bluetooth on both devices and pairing them is an unnecessary hassle)
    - better marketing and more accessories (I've been dreaming of a TPU case that's compatible with the keyboard dock)

I love my Infinity, but I'm excited for a refresh. Hopefully we'll hear something in the next few months.

Sent from my Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700
    03-08-2013 04:00 PM
    Thanks! Yeah I was hoping for something at MWC too. I hope they will bc Iím in the market for a new tablet. The new Sony tablet peaked my interested but I have reservations about Sony and their support for their tablets bc the Xperia S still hasn't received Jelly Bean and no word of it coming soon.
    03-08-2013 05:02 PM
    Dillon you mention NFC which would be great, but if not that, then at least they could get WiFi direct to work!
    03-08-2013 09:17 PM
    I was hoping for something also. Specifically because asus and nvidia have worked closely on previous products. Tegra 4 in a Transformer would be awesome! Give me a high resolution screen too please!
    03-11-2013 10:56 PM
    As I just bought my TF700 two months ago, if Asus brings out something new, I'm going to be PISSED! lol
    03-12-2013 08:56 AM