Youtube app is basically useless

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else been having steady issues with the youtube app on their tablet? if i have to watch any hd video on youtube i have to use my phone, that is how I know its a asus issue. talet runs fine otherwise and do not have many apps installed at all. Just wondering if anyone else was suffering like myself. Misery loves company....
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else been having steady issues with the youtube app on their tablet? if i have to watch any hd video on youtube i have to use my phone, that is how I know its a asus issue. talet runs fine otherwise and do not have many apps installed at all. Just wondering if anyone else was suffering like myself. Misery loves company....

What exactly is happening? Is it constantly buffering I assume? Mine did that for awhile. Did the same thing as you did. Used my phone. Since the 4.2 update, never has buffered once. Been downloading ahead with no problems. Even hd video.. I sometimes think it's a YouTube issue. I've noticed after an update for youtube it would run like crap. Then another update comes out and is much better. Not always sure since the phones work ok.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

David Barron1

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Alas, if only the youtube app was the only useless one we have that can't be removed.
I've noticed the buffering problem too. I think it may be youtube, I've seen the same sort of thing during high volume times when viewing on my PC.

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I rarely use the youtube app cuz it loads really slow. I know its not the WiFi cuz my coworkers are on the same WiFi with the IPads and they buffer up quick

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Since the 4.2 update I find youtube to run much smoother on my TF 700. Before It was constantly buffering and I could never watch a hd video. Now it's running great with no problems at all.

woodsonmh

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you happen to have force gpu tricked in developer settings? Made a big difference for me to un tick. I just exited taptu and had a hd video running in under 20 sec, no buffering.
Woody

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Tip:

If anyone needs to get to developer options and can't find (changed in 4.2 update), then :

Settings > about tab > build no. > Tap on build no. 7 times

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

jdmcconnell

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem on my TF Prime and I traced the problem to low available ram. If I sweep (clear ram) memory before I run youtube, it works just fine. I'm typically using between 740 meg and 880 meg of ram and it just does not leave enough free space for youtube, hulu+ or netflix to work properly.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty