Do you think its worth ROOTING/ROMing Now...?

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear my original post, I do have a custom ROM installed so I believe lasers comment will work.

I will however look into those other applications you recommended as well, if nothing more than a precautionary measure...

Thank you again for your time I really appreciate all your comments

... Sent from my tablet, please excuse any typos...

putsometrebleinit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry, I wasn't very clear my original post, I do have a custom ROM installed so I believe lasers comment will work.

I will however look into those other applications you recommended as well, if nothing more than a precautionary measure...

Thank you again for your time I really appreciate all your comments

... Sent from my tablet, please excuse any typos...

Sorry, I'm late to the party, but if you want to get back to stock from a custom ROM, download the stock firmware from Asus and flash it in recovery. Just make sure you use the right sku http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ASUS+Transformer+Pad+Infinity+TF700T&os=8

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your reply back its very much appreciated. I wiped the data and did a factory reset on the custom ROM and everything worked out well. The tablet has been sold and the client that purchased it is very happy as well. Again thank you all for your input

...Sent from my Tablet...Please excuse any typo's...

Wolfee57

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I am so sick of this tablet I don't know what to do. I bought it right after it was released. What it does it does well but the freezing up and other Infinity problems are driving me crazy. I don't feel like I have the
expertise technology wise to root and install roms. Suggestions anyone....everyone.

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I am so sick of this tablet I don't know what to do. I bought it right after it was released. What it does it does well but the freezing up and other Infinity problems are driving me crazy. I don't feel like I have the
expertise technology wise to root and install roms. Suggestions anyone....everyone.

I hear you! And I feel for you. Harsh disappointment with the performance of this beautiful hardware (which in each other way was just what I wished for) motivated me two month into ownership to educate myself about the process to get a custom ROM on this tablet.
It's not THAT hard, you know....
Yes, there are new things to learn and possibly some hurdles to overcome, but believe me: It's worth it. If you custom rom this thing it's as if somebody handed you a brand new device! Truly a joy to use..

Other than that, there's not much you can do except for regular factory resets, installing only the apps you really use - keeping the tablet as clean as possible.
Or you can sell it and get something else.....

If you decide to invest some time and effort into unlocking, rooting and custom ROMing your tablet I would volunteer to walk you through it. You would have to be patient though - I'm pretty busy right now and cannot respond instantly.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Jayel

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I hear you! And I feel for you. Harsh disappointment with the performance of this beautiful hardware (which in each other way was just what I wished for) motivated me two month into ownership to educate myself about the process to get a custom ROM on this tablet.
It's not THAT hard, you know....
Yes, there are new things to learn and possibly some hurdles to overcome, but believe me: It's worth it. If you custom rom this thing it's as if somebody handed you a brand new device! Truly a joy to use..

Other than that, there's not much you can do except for regular factory resets, installing only the apps you really use - keeping the tablet as clean as possible.
Or you can sell it and get something else.....

If you decide to invest some time and effort into unlocking, rooting and custom ROMing your tablet I would volunteer to walk you through it. You would have to be patient though - I'm pretty busy right now and cannot respond instantly.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

berndlb - Can I take you up on this offer!!?! I run a Mac BookPro at home and am sooo confused by the whole unrooting/unlocking process. Afraid also cuz I dont want to brick my 700. Plse left me know!!! Thanks a million!~!~

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
berndlb - Can I take you up on this offer!!?! I run a Mac BookPro at home and am sooo confused by the whole unrooting/unlocking process. Afraid also cuz I dont want to brick my 700. Plse left me know!!! Thanks a million!~!~

Sure!
Standard disclaimer: I am not responsible for what YOU do to YOUR tablet.
My first advice is: Read 5 times, ask thrice, flash once!
If I have some time today at work I'll write a basic guide. That should give us a base for you to ask questions.
I know - at first it seems very mysterious and it's hard to sort through all the information on the web and forums. I've been there. Just be patient, keep reading and asking questions, and: Google is your friend :)

Wolfee57

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
berndlb, I appreciate your offer and would love to take you up on it. But at the present time my tablet is being packed up to go to Asus service. It will not come on or charge no matter what I do. I plug in my keyboard to the same charger, it charges. Plug in tablet and nothing, no red light, green light or anything. Tried connecting table to fully charged keyboard still nothing. Called Asus, they think possibly the plug in the tablet where you plug in the charger has gone bad. So here I sit waiting with no working tablet, but AS SOON as I get it back I am selling this piece of #*%! and buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 2014. That is if I don't just take the Asus out in the driveway and run over it.....that might actually give me more satisfaction !

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Sorry about your troubles - probably he battery died. Sh** happens.
Hope you have better luck with the Note 10!

Wolfee57

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I really expected more from Asus than what I got. I certainly hope the Note turns out to be a better product. The "air pen" seems to be a nice feature. At this time they are still running 4.3, I may wait until they start to ship with 4.4. I want to give them some time to work out any bugs also. Anyone want to buy a 700T (LOL)?

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
This last week I took the plunge and flashed CROMI-x. Painful process in that it took several days to be successful in unlocking the bootloader - literally took dozens of tries and a couple of back and forth emails with Asus Support before the tool finally worked. After that, all else was straightforward. I wasn't having any particular performance issues; rather, I just got fed up with the random reboots that seem to occur at least once/day. Hopefully, stability will improve with CROMI-x. After just 24 hours on it, I have to say I am extremely happy that I did it - no reboots, much snappier performance, battery life seems significantly improved (I'm not losing battery while in sleep mode), and no issues as of yet.