I am about to purchase a TF700 off Amazon and would like to know if this model is upgradeable to Jelly Bean ?, and is it a OTA from ASUS or do I have to download and transfer the update to a SD card? THANKS!

Amazon.com: ASUS TF700T-C1-GR 10.1-Inch Tablet (Gray): Computers & Accessories

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 10.1" LED Backlight WUXGA (1920x1200) Screen, latest generation Corning Gorilla Glass 2
    NVIDIA Tegra 3; 4-Plus-1? CPU chip
    1 GB RAM Memory and Storage of 64GB Flash Memory + 8GB life time ASUS Web storage space
    Interfaces: WLAN 802.11 a/b/g/n@2.4GHz. Bluetooth V3.0+EDR, 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Headphone / Mic-in), micro HDMI, Micro SD Card Reader
    Cameras: 2 MP Camera, 8 MP Rear Camera, Auto focus (rear) with Flash, BSI Sensor, 5-element lens. And, sensors: G-Sensor, Light Sensor, Gyroscope, E-compass, GPS
    07-06-2013 09:30 AM
    Once you get it connected to the Internet, you can check for updates. Mine is running 4.2.1 jelly bean.
    07-06-2013 10:34 AM
    The Jelly Bean update should come through once you turn it on for the first time and connect to a network. We have the Jelly Bean update available for download and manual installation at our support site, but the tablet should be able to do this automatically for you.
    07-09-2013 03:59 PM
    I would like to upgrade to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean but when I do a "System Firmware Update" it says "There is no update for your device currently."

I thought that 4.2 was already available for this device. How do I upgrade? Thanks in advance!

Android Transformer Pad TF700T
    Android 4.1.1
    Kernel version 3.1.10 android @Uranus #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Sep 27 2012
    Build number JR003C.us_epad-10.4.4.16-20120927
    Pad EC version PAD-EC20T-0216
    08-03-2013 06:58 PM
    I would like to upgrade to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean but when I do a "System Firmware Update" it says "There is no update for your device currently."

I thought that 4.2 was already available for this device. How do I upgrade? Thanks in advance!

Android Transformer Pad TF700T
    Android 4.1.1
    Kernel version 3.1.10 android @Uranus #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Sep 27 2012
    Build number JR003C.us_epad-10.4.4.16-20120927
    Pad EC version PAD-EC20T-0216
    Try this first:
    Go to Asus support website > Downloads and Drivers, type "Transformer" into the search box, select the TF700, choose Android OS, look for the JB 4.2.1 firmware for your SKU (US in your case). Download the zip, unzip it once - the result will be another zip. Put that zip into the root of your SD card.
    You should get a notification that an update is available.
    If you don't, reboot.
    If that doesn't work report back and we take it from there.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    08-04-2013 12:31 AM
    Try this first:
    Go to Asus support website > Downloads and Drivers, type "Transformer" into the search box, select the TF700, choose Android OS, look for the JB 4.2.1 firmware for your SKU (US in your case). Download the zip, unzip it once - the result will be another zip. Put that zip into the root of your SD card.
    You should get a notification that an update is available.
    If you don't, reboot.
    If that doesn't work report back and we take it from there.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Here is the directly link to make it easier. Once you click on the link you will need to make sure you select the OS (Android) and then hit the + sign next to firmware and locate the US SKU as berndlb mentioned above.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T

Hope that helps.
    08-05-2013 12:21 PM
    Hello,

I tried downloading the US Android version and unzipped it once and copied the once-unzipped file to the "root" of my sd card, which I'm assuming means just generally on the sd card (like not in any folder). Then I tried checking for system updates, under settings->about-> system update and found nothing, even after I rebooted the tablet. A system update did not pop up either when I rebooted the tablet.

Thanks for the help,

Shannon
    staticK78 likes this.
    08-08-2013 05:12 PM
    Hello,

I tried downloading the US Android version and unzipped it once and copied the once-unzipped file to the "root" of my sd card, which I'm assuming means just generally on the sd card (like not in any folder). Then I tried checking for system updates, under settings->about-> system update and found nothing, even after I rebooted the tablet. A system update did not pop up either when I rebooted the tablet.

Thanks for the help,

Shannon
    You are correct about placement of the zip. The root of your SD card is the top level directory.
    I am not sure why the system does not recognize the update file. I assume your current firmware is also US SKU? What firmware are you running?

I have two ideas: Boot into the bootloader by holding the Volume Down key together with the Power key until the tablet vibrated twice.
    You should see three icons with the first one, RCK, flashing. If you see 4 icons, push Volume Down until RCK is selected.
    Push the Volume Up button to run the stock recovery. Hopefully the tablet will start the update process. If you get an Android on his back the recovery for some reason does not recognize the update file. Just reboot by long pressing the power button.
    Then try this: Rename the update zip to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip, place it on a microSD card (has to be formated FAT32. If you never changed the factory format you're ok). Repeat above procedure to boot into recovery and hopefully it will start to update.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
    08-08-2013 11:30 PM
    Asus officially will not be supporting any upgrades past Jelly Bean 4.2 for TF700. Here was my reply:
    " Hi, we're very glad to help you. For this issue, in order to enable consumers to enjoy the best experience, the original OS for ASUS Transformer Pad Prime TF700 is Android 4.0. And then we updated it to Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.
    In view of the Jelly Bean 4.3 upgrade, ASUS assess Android 4.3 will occupy larger hardware space. This will lead to insufficient storage space. And it need to remove a number of preloading software and function.
    In order to make the greatest experience, ASUS recommend users to use Android
    Jelly Bean 4.2 and will not provide 4.3 upgrade services. Thank you."

This was a very disappointing answer. That's why they released the TF701 because TF700 was a DUD. I'm on my third unit (previous two replaced under ELF by the retailer). Moral of the story: Time to root!

The "insufficient memory" response from Asus is a downright unashamed buck pass. Considering that I have a 64GB device with expandable memory. My Google Nexus 7 2012 and HTC One M7 are only 32GB and I am (was) running 4.4.2 on those so how can they tell me that there*is 'insufficient storage space"????

Posted via Android Central App
    07-30-2014 05:12 AM