Two problems with my Transformer 700 and one question

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I really like my Transformer+Keyboard, but I am running into two issues:

1) I have turned off Wifi while the device is closed, but I am still coming back after a day to find that the keyboard battery has drained completely. It doesn't happen every time, but it does happen most days. Has anyone else run into the same issue?

2) I have an SD card in the dock, and a Micro SD card in the Tablet. About half the time, I come back to find that the device has lost access to the SD card in the dock. When that happens, it also doesn't recognize a device plugged into the USB port. If I reboot the Pad, it regains access to everything. Is this something anyone else has run into?

And now the question:

If I am using the ASUS notification panel, is there some way to dismiss all notifications?

Thanks for the help.

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Edit: Jeez! Maybe I should read a post before I answer? Just saw now that you turn wifi off when you close it......
Still, try the settings, and get Wakelock to see if something is causing the tab to wake up constantly.

Original post:
There are a couple of settings you can try and see if it helps:

Under Settings > WiFi hit the 3 dots in the upper right, select Advanced and set the wifi to being off when the tablet is in deep sleep. Also turn on wifi optimization.
Under Settings > Asus customized settings scroll down to Power management and turn on Dock Power saving mode.

What probably happens is that you have some services like email, Facebook etc. which regularly wake up the tablet from deep sleep to connect to the servers. That drains your tablet battery. When it is under 70% the dock battery starts charging the tablet, also wakes it up in the process, which also drains the battery. and that cycle continues even when it's not in use.
Be prepared though for your tablet being a little sluggish for a minute or two when coming out of deep sleep since it will re-connect to wifi and then email and all these other update services will connect to their servers.
If you want to see what's waking up your tablet in deep sleep, get Wakelock Detector from the Play Store. Very interesting to see which apps are doing what when nobody is looking :)
My Beautiful Weather widget interrupted the tablet's deep sleep like every 30 minutes! Excuse me? Who needs to know the latest weather update when I'm not even using the device???
You can then check if the app has settings to limit the update frequency. Or decide that maybe some apps are just a little greedy and intrusive and throw them out like I did.

About your SD card problem: That is strange and should not happen. When you open it up, do you see the two battery symbols and the dock symbol down in the task bar? My guess is, you see only one battery, because it sounds as if the tablet "forgets" the dock connection.

I take it you already rebooted with the dock attached.... mhhh. Try to cold boot with the dock attached: From completely OFF: Hold the Volume down button and then the Power button until you feel it vibrate twice and you see the three icons. From here let it boot normally.

You sure, the dock is connected nice and firmly? Can you use the keyboard when it does not see the SD card? Does it help to detach and attach the dock without a reboot?

I think this warrants a call to Asus customer service, but they will probably just tell you what I also would recommend as the next step: A factory reset.
And if that does not do it, I would manually re-flash the firmware.

To eliminate all notifications at once: Open the notification panel and hit the little x lower right corner.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

MrMLK

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed reply.

There are a couple of settings you can try and see if it helps:

Under Settings > WiFi hit the 3 dots in the upper right, select Advanced and set the wifi to being off when the tablet is in deep sleep. Also turn on wifi optimization.
Under Settings > Asus customized settings scroll down to Power management and turn on Dock Power saving mode.

So, I have played around and I think I found what was causing most of the issue. For some reason, the default "Sleep Timeout" was set to "Never". I guess when you close the display, it doesn't automatically turn off, or if it does turn off, if something turns it on, it doesn't go off again. I changed "Sleep Timeout" to 5 minutes, and now I am getting much better results. WIth minimal use yesterday, after about 25 hours or elapsed time since I unplugged it from the wall, my internal battery is at 90% and the external battery is at about 65%. Is that a normal amount of rundown for a day of minimal use (perhaps 30 minutes total with wifi on), or should i keep investigating so I can improve on that?

If you want to see what's waking up your tablet in deep sleep, get Wakelock Detector from the Play Store. Very interesting to see which apps are doing what when nobody is looking :)

I"m going to try this today.

About your SD card problem: That is strange and should not happen. When you open it up, do you see the two battery symbols and the dock symbol down in the task bar? My guess is, you see only one battery, because it sounds as if the tablet "forgets" the dock connection.

I take it you already rebooted with the dock attached.... mhhh. Try to cold boot with the dock attached: From completely OFF: Hold the Volume down button and then the Power button until you feel it vibrate twice and you see the three icons. From here let it boot normally.

You sure, the dock is connected nice and firmly? Can you use the keyboard when it does not see the SD card? Does it help to detach and attach the dock without a reboot?

It hasn't happened again for a while, so perhaps I did have a slightly loose connection. THe weird thing was that the keyboard did work even when it didn't see the SD card or the USB port. Odd. Also, when I rebooted, it found the card. I'm pretty sure I didn't disconnect/reconnect the dock before rebooting, but perhaps i just forgot I did it.

To eliminate all notifications at once: Open the notification panel and hit the little x lower right corner.

Ahhh. Thanks. I like the ASUS panel much more then the stock one, but not being able to dismiss all notification was a dealbreaker. Can't believe I didn't notice that X.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney