Asus customer service is really bad

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Can I just note customer service for this company sucks. My Infinity developed charging issues a few months after I got it last year, and finally I had to send it to Texas to be repaired, which meant paying for shipping (it was still under warranty so I shouldn't have had to do that) and being without it for 15 days before it was returned. It came back with a new shorter charging cable but at least was working fine until last week. Now the cable is acting up and it's hit or miss before it successfully connects (I usually have to try it 5 or 6 times before it hits). I did a live online chat with a customer service rep and asked if they would send me a new cable and he said I had to ship in the defective cable first. Seriously? I have friends with iPads who have walked into an Apple store and walked out with a brand new iPad on the spot if theirs was defective. I'm not planning on joining them, I love Android, but I guarantee my next tablet is not going to be an Asus. They don't seem to have a clue how to treat customers. My first Asus is also my last.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
The only tablet that's good by asus is the Nexus 7. Google gets most of the credit for it though. It also gets the updates the fastest since they come directly from google. Then there is the Samsung Galaxy Tab line and the new note tablet. Those are the best options other than Asus. Except for the Nexus 7, it barely has any problems.

- - - Updated - - -

The only tablet that's good by asus is the Nexus 7. Google gets most of the credit for it though. It also gets the updates the fastest since they come directly from google. Then there is the Samsung Galaxy Tab line and the new note tablet. Those are the best options other than Asus. Except for the Nexus 7, it barely has any problems.

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I heard Asus does the Nexus 7 and that it's a decent device, but I've been so soured by my only experience with the company I can't consider it. First impressions are always hard to break. If I had had other Asus products and this was the first time there was an issue, hey, I understand things happens. But since this is my experience with the company and its policies I have no intention of giving them another dollar. It may be an irrational consumer decision, but that's the way I feel. I hear Samsung is going to be making the new Nexus 10 later this year, so will be looking at that when it comes out.

CharlesWillson

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
As I know tablet and laptop all that's good by asus is the Nexus 7. Google gets most of the credit for it though. But If you are not satisfied with the service you can contact to Asus support. They will surely help you. I also get many solution from there in any type of manual and technical problems.

d_cro

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
No joke. I've sent my laptop in THREE times and this third time they've had it for over THREE weeks. Talking to them on the phone is an absolute joke ... they simply don't care. It'll be about a MONTH before I get it back at the earliest!!! Never again will I buy a laptop from this pathetic company.

dave34734

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Asus customer/warranty service is the greatest reason yet NEVER to buy an Asus machine.

My son's Asus laptop power supply died. The less than a year old, under warranty, computer was fine, just the charger was dead. Asus sent us to Best Buy, where they confirmed the diagnosis, but said they didn't have a replacement charger.

I called Asus back. They insisted on a one week RMA process - I send the defective charger to them, they decide whether to repair or replace, and one week later, I get a charger shipped by Fedex Ground....from California...which means the machine is down two weeks.

Their alternative? Buy a new charger for $50 plus shipping. That, they said, might come a bit faster.

I asked if they'd ever heard of a charger being repaired, and whether they seriously thought that was acceptable service. They said they "understood" my "frustration with the system."

My son's exams are this coming week. Do you think Asus will EVER get my business again?

Don't buy Asus...unless you're OK with ridiculously bad warranty service.

Jon_Doh

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Asus customer service is REALLY bad. Not only that, but I can never reach anybody who can speak passable English. You can tell the person has a script in front of them and they just pick a line to read, mispronouncing words and what they're saying doesn't relate to the problem you have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC