ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity 700 - Miracast and android os

chocolateyum

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Can I use miracast with this tablet?

What version of android can I upgrade it to? I assume upgrading is free? Sorry if stupid question - don't have android device.

Thanks.

putsometrebleinit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Can I use miracast with this tablet?

What version of android can I upgrade it to? I assume upgrading is free? Sorry if stupid question - don't have android device.

Thanks.

The stock version version from Asus is now 4.2.1 which supports Miracast. The tablet has a micro hdmi port so I would spend $5 on a cheap cable vs. dealing with the Miracast hassle. This is just my two cents but if you are looking at buying this tablet I would wait. The newer version is coming out soon with completely upgraded specs and hopefully they will have the i/o issues fixed. The tf700 stock is very Laggy and frustrating especially considering the cost. This can be overcome by unlocking the bootloader and installing a custom ROM like Cromi-X. But that voids your warranty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk now Free

chocolateyum

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. That's a bummer about the laggy software.

Miracast when working properly is way better than an hdmi cord though. It used to suck but the firmware on most adapters have gotten better. Last time I checked, the video and audio quality isn't exactly as good as hdmi but not very noticeable difference. And I have a bad habit of messing up micro plugins so that's the main reason I prefer wireless.

Thanks a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12