TF700 won't start

m_vered

May 22, 2014
Visit site
?????.JPGHi,
My tablet wouldnt restart, it shows thw screen with the logo and li the "thinking" circle (see photo attached) but nothing go further so I try holding down the power and volume down. When the three icons appear in the middle of the screen, I tap the volume down once more until the middle icon is illuminated. Then, tap the volume up, for the tablet reboots but still same outcome...any ideas how to solve it?
Thanks

Last edited:

m_vered

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Few Q: There are few version there non of then indicate whuch SKU is the right one?
EG: Eee Pad Transformer Pad Infinity TF700KL Firmware: V5.0.4.14 Only for WW SKU (Android 4.1.1)
Does the TF700 and TF700KL are the same?
Does it matter for the SKU where I boght it or where I use it from (since in my case are two different places)
What does it meens that my SD card must be formatted Fat32?
Thanks for your help

Last edited:

berndlb

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
The KL was only sold in Europe and had a 3G radio, so that's not what you want. Most likely yours is the TF700T (last one in the left column).
On the next screen you select Android as OS
Then scroll down, 3rd one from the top is the 10.6.1.14.10 version for US SKU. That's the latest firmware for this tablet. It does not matter if you had an earlier firmware version on there. You are doing a manual update which will replace the complete software: bootloader, recovery and ROM.

You cannot do a SKU conversion with stock firmware, meaning if you had WW firmware on there, the recovery will refuse to flash US firmware and vice versa. You cannot do any harm here. If the firmware currently installed is different from the one you try to flash it will just fail.

FAT32 is a file system. microSD cards are typically formatted fat32 out of the box. So if you never re-formatted the card you should be ok.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Just had the identical problem.... basically, the device was left unplugged for a weekend and fully discharged its batteries (it and the keyboard). When I charged it and fired it up, the same thing occurred as you're seeing. Tried following what was linked above, but with no success. Sent it off to ASUS, who returned it to me working.

JOP40D.US_epad-10.6.1.14.10-20130801 is what it came back to me as.
I had downloaded the US version from ASUS Service | North America but it simply didn't work for me.

Thankfully, ASUS support resolved it. I was awful nervous about not getting it back working, but am thrilled to have my tablet back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance