TF701 issues/problems

Andrew ONeill

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Just bought this tablet today and the 4.3 update uploaded right away. So far I love the huge performance boost I've noticed over my original Motorola Xoom but I do have a couple of concerns with the tablet itself, I don't own the keyboard dock.
- The build. While the design is quite nice and it's thinner and probably much lighter than my Xoom it's not nearly as solid. I can feel/hear some movements of the screen on the case edge if I press down there. If it's normal then I can live with it, anyone else notice this?
- I experienced some variation of screen brightness during the initial set up and web browsing session. I don't know if it had something to do with it being plugged in as it was still climbing towards it's first full charge. I've since turned it off and am now using it under a full charge without the power cord attached with no brightness variation apparent so far, maybe that was just a one off, anyone else?
- Part of the reason for me upgrading was because my wi-fi was always cutting out on my Xoom while browsing causing mostly freezes or page crashes and the occasional restarting of the tablet. I've seen what appears to be the same issue on this device only once so far but the overall experience is better as it's much faster and more stable. I'm starting to wonder if my wi-fi router is the culprit? Anyone else with a similar problem?
- Just now I've also noticed that the back button on the screen keyboard is sometimes unresponsive, a minor glitch but did any of you notice that on your transformer?
Still to early to tell if i'm going to keep this tablet or not. From the research I've done this is the best Android tab out right now unless you want the stylus[and bloat]that comes with Samsung's Note. I'm still waiting to see if a new Nexus 10 will become available soon, if so I might make the switch depending on how this tablet performs between now and then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969