TF701T having issues

peterm242

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I bought my TF701T(Pretty sure that is what you mean by TF701 but I am not sure) a few weeks ago and the tablet works great! No problems with the tablet. My keyboard, however, is causing some issues. There is a firmware update available that it will not install and it will not even check for updates successfully when the keyboard is attached, but without it, it checks for updates fine. The second issue I am having is that the keyboard disconnects from the tablet. It always stays physically connected, but disconnects very occasionally when I am using it and when I unlock it from being locked for more than 5 minutes. The third issue is that the battery(keyboard) stays at 6 percent all the time. I charged the tablet to 100 percent and left it, still 6 percent. I charged the keyboard by itself, still 6 percent. I tried switching outlets, still 6 percent. I also did a clean reset and am still having every issue mentioned above. I think I have heard that a model with a certain serial number is not functioning properly, and I have that model, but i have not heard the issues that I am having and they mostly bring up the connectivity issue. I am letting the tablet completely discharge now to see if the keyboard charges it and will take a charge or change from 6 percent. I am new to android, so I may be doing something stupid and wrong. Thanks for any help you might have.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Wish I could give you definitive answers, but the only thing I'd suggest at this point would be to make sure the keyboard dock connector on the tablet is clean, and that there isn't any debris caught in there that might be interfering with the contacts.

peterm242

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have tried cleaning it and blowing on it and all that to get debris out so I think I am just going to have to send it back. :/

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma