My tablet has suddenly stopped charging and responding

Tezza20

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
My tablet was working for many months and then one day my battery was running very low so I plugged in the charger. The orange LED came on and when I went back about 4 hours later I turned it on and noticed that it had only gone up to 12%. So I put it back on charge, the orange LED came on and again I came back to check on it and it in fact had not charged at all and turned off. I could not restart it, I tried all sorts of rebooting tips and tricks that I have read on many forums but to no luck. I therefore was told to buy a new charger cable.

I did this and it worked again for about a month. It now has done the exact same thing, but this time I do not get an orange LED and it has no life what so ever. When I plug it into the wall the charger becomes extremely hot, so much that it cannot be touched. I have therefore stopped using this and have tried it in the USB hub in my PC. Still no luck. Is this the end of my precious tablet :'(

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
what tablet is it? I had the 1st Gen Nexus 7 and this constantly turned off without reason. I sent it back as it was under warrenty and they gave me a new one, which still works. I would suggest returning it, it sounds like an internal issue, not the charger itself.

Tezza20

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
It is the Transformer TF700 I believe :S however the docking station says ee pad TF101 Mobile Docking, so maybe its that (good I know that lol) Mine has just ran out of warranty which is typical.

Thank you for your reply :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2