Android 4.4.2 Update!

Treknologist

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
ASUS has finally released a Kit Kat update for the 701T! I was able to download it today. They have updated to Kit Kat 4.4.2 and they've changed the interface to their new ZenUI. They've removed some features (like the Quick Start) and some ASUS apps that were not compatible with Kit Kat and they've simplified the way you get to Google Now. The lockscreen has also been updated. Personally, I like the changes for the most part. Has anyone else received the update?

thevanman

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
The following is what I experienced this last week after my TF701 upgrade to 4.4.2.

Note that I do have a keyboard dock...

1) USB port on keyboard does not work.
a) It will not read any USB jump drive. Nothing shows up in the Removable Storage folder.
b) It will not charge or power any USB device, such as my cell phone.
c) It will not power or recognize any USB mouse, nor USB wireless mouse.

2) SD card reader on keyboard does not work.
a) Tried SD cards, SDHC cards….nothing reads. Again, nothing shows up in the Removable Storage folder.

3) Micro SD card slot on tablet will read files but will not write files anymore.
a) Such as saving pictures there, backing up files there, ETC.

4) USB to tablet data cable only charges now (when plugged into the wall adapter).
a) Tried plugging tablet into 4 different computers. 2 of them Windows 7, the other 2 Windows XP Pro. All say "unrecognized USB device". This happens with all 4 computers, in all the available USB ports. Tried 2 different cables also.

5) KitKat broke PDANet.
a) Though this is not a fault of ASUS, this is none the less a KitKat related issue and needs to be repaired by flashing back to 4.3.

If I had it to do over again, I would wait....It goes in for repair for 2 weeks tomorrow morning.

Marcos de la Penya

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
...abysmal difference? does it mean muuuchh moore battery life, or the other way around?
I have just upgraded a new Asus TF701t, and everything seems to be wrong: dock problems, battery drain, hot tablet after few minutes...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang