Hello, i am still new to the forum. I use an Asus Zenfone 2 Laser.

My phone often lags,and i always had to restart it

I tried to search for the answers online. I tried to clear the cache, i moved all my files to my laptop, uninstall useless app.

I wouldn't say it worked well. After a few weeks, my phone became worse. It always shutdown or restart itself. For example, when i used whatsapp video call,or installing a new app on play store,the phone started to shut down. If not, the phone went black,and i had to force shut down. When i turned it back on, my whatsapp kind of like just being reset. But after a while, i opened it again and it just couldn't work. I tried other apps, and its all the same. They would not open,even my gallery.

So i reset my phone,and nothing changed. I only installed whatsapp at the moment. But resetting didn't fix the problem. I gave up, i install other apps(only important apps) cause i still have an online learning. And it got worse.

Homestly,I can't predict when exactly my phone will go black. It scares me.

I do have an option to update OS btw. Should i consider buying a new phone?

Thank you, looking forward for the answers soon
    10-12-2020 08:52 AM
    Hi, welcome to AC !
    What android version it's running?
    Emvyku likes this.
    10-12-2020 08:57 AM
    It's currently running android lollipop 5.0.2
    10-12-2020 09:38 AM
    Oh , very old Android version , your going run into issues and that not compatible
    Emvyku likes this.
    10-12-2020 09:51 AM
    Will it be better If i update it to android marshmallow? I do have an option for that.
    10-12-2020 10:21 AM
    Will it be better If i update it to android marshmallow? I do have an option for that.
    Yeah I would , see if it's any better.
    Emvyku likes this.
    10-12-2020 10:22 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The battery might also be starting to fail.
    Emvyku and J Dubbs like this.
    10-12-2020 11:02 AM
    I was going to suggest the battery failing as well. It is a very old phone and batteries don't last more than a few years.
    Emvyku and J Dubbs like this.
    10-12-2020 12:33 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The battery might also be starting to fail.
    Yeah, the battery charges very quickly, but drops very quickly either
    10-12-2020 06:54 PM
    Yeah, the battery charges very quickly, but drops very quickly either
    That's a sure sign. Either bring the phone to a repair shop to get the battery replaced, or look into getting a newer phone.
    Laura Knotek and Emvyku like this.
    10-12-2020 07:40 PM
    That's a sure sign. Either bring the phone to a repair shop to get the battery replaced, or look into getting a newer phone.
    So i just bought a new battery, and my smartphone has never been that better. It didn't shut down or restart like it used to, and i don't have to recharge it many times in a day. Thank you <3

Apparently, my battery's shape has changed. Probably that's the reason why. I always thought about the software and forgot about the hardware.
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    10-18-2020 08:28 AM
    So i just bought a new battery, and my smartphone has never been that better. It didn't shut down or restart like it used to, and i don't have to recharge it many times in a day. Thank you <3

Apparently, my battery's shape has changed. Probably that's the reason why. I always thought about the software and forgot about the hardware.
    Glad to hear everything good again
    10-18-2020 09:03 AM
    Glad it's working better now! If you mean that the battery was swollen, then it's a good thing you caught it -- a swollen battery could have meant it was at increased risk for leakage, fire, or explosion!
    10-18-2020 09:37 AM