08-15-2015 02:25 AM
77 1234
tools
    Raptor007 & bigsmooth66: can you say if phone has L 5.0 or 5.1 ? I am interested in Google VPN. My understanding is that Lollypop 5.1 will be necesary. If not I wonder when? Has Asus been good about updates?
    03-28-2015 06:00 PM
    Raptor007 & bigsmooth66: can you say if phone has L 5.0 or 5.1 ? I am interested in Google VPN. My understanding is that Lollypop 5.1 will be necesary. If not I wonder when? Has Asus been good about updates?
    It currently has 5.0. There was an update as soon as I got the phone, but it was not to 5.1. It was probably a firmware update.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Gary Friderichsohn likes this.
    03-28-2015 06:47 PM
    I should have one here soon! Pretty excited to see what it can do! Thank you AC for the device!
    WeAreAllUnique and Paul627g like this.
    03-29-2015 09:40 AM
    Raptor007 & bigsmooth66: can you say if phone has L 5.0 or 5.1 ?
    I think its much too early to expect 5.1 on anything outside of the Nexus line.
    03-30-2015 01:01 PM
    I guess I am expecting too much, too soon. I did think I saw mention of L5.1 on a Moto E, or similar. Got me to think it was coming out.
    03-30-2015 05:51 PM
    NFC is listed on the specs page by Asus.
    Phones - ZenFone 2 (ZE551ML) - ASUS

@bigsmooth, NFC is not something that is put on the back cover, it is a chip inside the phone. You wouldn't see it without taking the phone apart. Look in your settings and see if there is anything referencing it perhaps.

And to answer the original question, I'm one of the lucky people getting one from AC.
    03-30-2015 09:18 PM

@bigsmooth, NFC is not something that is put on the back cover, it is a chip inside the phone. You wouldn't see it without taking the phone apart. Look in your settings and see if there is anything referencing it perhaps.

And to answer the original question, I'm one of the lucky people getting one from AC.
    I know what NFC is and where it can be located. I know this phone doesnt have it. I was trying to paint a picture for those who havent toiched the phone yet.

Some phones do have the NFC chip in the back cover. The chip then connects to the main board through prongs. It depends on the phone. Simply looking in the settings doesnt work because NFC can be deactivated through software.

03-30-2015 10:41 PM

Like i said, I have the ZE550ML.

03-30-2015 10:42 PM
    Like i said, I have the ZE550ML. It does not have NFC.

jpr likes this.
    03-30-2015 10:46 PM
    Like i said, I have the ZE550ML. It does not have NFC.

Thanks for checking your model. The ZE551ML does have it. It can be confusing with the number of models and specs. How has the battery life on yours been? The ZE550ML is the 2GB 1.8 GHz Atom correct? I bet the battery life is pretty good!
    03-30-2015 11:15 PM
    Yes, i'm getting one in April. The main difference in the Z551ML models is having a 1.8 processor compared to a 2.3 processor. The 2.3 will be priced below $300, and the 1.8 is priced around $220.
    Even though it's priced around the same amount of my crappy BLU Life One X, i think the 3560 is best for me.
    I will never use 4 GB, and the processor, from what i heard, is used in bursts, so there really isn't much difference in the 2 models.
    They will still have 5.5 Full HD, the same 13 megs camera, and all the other goodies.
    The phone will be unlocked, which allows me to keep my H2O acct. in which i pay about $20 for 90 days.
    03-30-2015 11:36 PM
    Thanks for checking your model. The ZE551ML does have it. It can be confusing with the number of models and specs. How has the battery life on yours been? The ZE550ML is the 2GB 1.8 GHz Atom correct? I bet the battery life is pretty good!
    The battery has been ok. Im a heavy user, so i find myself looking for a charge around early evening, but i do take phone off charger around 6 am every morning.

The specs you quote are correct. And the phone flies on that processor.ost people will not need the 4GB model, just power users.

03-31-2015 08:12 AM
    Just wanted to report in and say hello and congrats to you guys/gals who are receiving this device. A very deserving group of individuals that I feel lucky and fortunate to be a part of! You guys are one of many reasons I enjoy spending my time here! I'm glad to be in good company reviewing this device . I will be writing with you all and reporting how my day to day use is with it. I'm a moderate user BUT heavily use it as my music player for sure....commute to and from work....gym...at home....A LOT for music, lol! Eagerly anticipating its arrival! Thank you Android Central!

PS: Sorry for not writing any sooner....been busy moving from Queens to Brooklyn. Now, I have to unpack and settle in my new digs!
    Paul627g, planoman and skatergirl like this.
    03-31-2015 12:18 PM
    Where can i order one to be shipped to the US that will work on Tmobile?
    04-01-2015 12:29 PM
    Where can i order one to be shipped to the US that will work on Tmobile?
    There are multiple versions being sold on amazon and ebay. I would personally wait until they are officially available in the US and make sure you get full warranty and aren't scammed but that's your call.
    04-01-2015 01:08 PM
    iphone 5s still better then zenfone lol , although i m buying a zenfone 2 !!!!!!!!!!

intel core is kill , i hope iPhone use intel core too

intel is killing it
    04-01-2015 02:39 PM
    iphone 5s still better then zenfone lol , although i m buying a zenfone 2 !!!!!!!!!!

intel core is kill , i hope iPhone use intel core too

intel is killing it
    Makes no sense. iPhone is the best so I'm going to spend money on the Zenfone. Lol okay.
    Gary Friderichsohn likes this.
    04-01-2015 07:17 PM
    There are multiple versions being sold on amazon and ebay. I would personally wait until they are officially available in the US and make sure you get full warranty and aren't scammed but that's your call.
    Thanks. Definitely waiting after checking out the prices. They are charging Nexus 6 like prices for this thing. lol
    04-02-2015 11:43 AM
    Thanks. Definitely waiting after checking out the prices. They are charging Nexus 6 like prices for this thing. lol
    Yeah the prices have shot way up. I was able to get my 32GB version for $375 shipped.
    04-02-2015 12:37 PM
    Best to wait for an official US release now. I was looking at the 4GB model a week or two ago and it was around $370.... now it's upwards of $450 or so.
    04-02-2015 02:13 PM
    I don't have mine yet, they are shipping next week so once it arrives I will start to give it a go. Planning on getting a T-Mobile pay as you go SIM for a 30 test run since my GS 6 Edge arrives as well next Friday and I will have running at the same time doing the same things. I did find it interesting that ASUS managed to still get a microSD slot in, though why it says up to 64GB I don't know. I am hoping it would support 128GB cards, but I do have a spare 32GB card and will put stuff like podcasts on it and play those in my car.
    skatergirl likes this.
    04-02-2015 08:21 PM
    The battery has been ok. Im a heavy user, so i find myself looking for a charge around early evening, but i do take phone off charger around 6 am every morning.

The specs you quote are correct. And the phone flies on that processor.ost people will not need the 4GB model, just power users.

does not sound ok for me.. it does not even last a day??
    04-03-2015 02:07 PM
    problem is it seems that it is getting more and more expensive as time passes... seems the sellers are trying to maximize their profits with the high demand ..and pricing in europe was a bit high as compared to taiwan prices... so everyone selling it is just putting a higher price tag on it now...
    04-03-2015 02:09 PM
    problem is it seems that it is getting more and more expensive as time passes... seems the sellers are trying to maximize their profits with the high demand ..and pricing in europe was a bit high as compared to taiwan prices... so everyone selling it is just putting a higher price tag on it now...
    Once it is officially released in the US, the prices will come down. They can raise prices now because no one can get one in most places in the world currently, especially in the countries that spend the most money. Also, once it is released here, those sellers will have to compete with the official resellers who offer full warranty, guaranteed returns and replacements, and no risk purchases.
    04-03-2015 03:20 PM
    Once it is officially released in the US, the prices will come down. They can raise prices now because no one can get one in most places in the world currently, especially in the countries that spend the most money. Also, once it is released here, those sellers will have to compete with the official resellers who offer full warranty, guaranteed returns and replacements, and no risk purchases.
    I hope so but I don't live in US... .hope the prices go down but US dollar exchange rate is pretty high atm .. so I will have to wait
    04-04-2015 03:15 AM
77 1234