anyone have the zenfone 2 for over a week what is your impression of it ?

janer54

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Have had mine for nearly a week now. Got a 4gb ram and 32g memory. Have a 64 card in and to keep photos etc on. Phones are not due in Aus. until the end of the year so got mine on line. Just want to say thankyou for the hint on the camera. It has made all the difference. I have lots of Asus products and usually they are really great and the service is good. Found the battery has been good so far.

Last edited:

pimago

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Bought the 1.8 GHz 4GB RAM & 32 GB capacity.

Very happy with it. Zippy performance thanks to the generous RAM. Camera is fine but then again I don't take pics that often so this isn't a priority for me.

2 issues though :

1) WiFi is strange. By that I mean, it connects OK, but slows down to crawl afterwards as if it can't finish a request and cuts off in the middle. So I get incomplete pages in the browser and unable to download images fully in WhatsApp. My fix was to use a static IP for WiFi.

2) Top button is hard to press. Then again, there is double tap to sleep/wake, so that negates the top button thingy.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Bought the 1.8 GHz 4GB RAM & 32 GB capacity.

Very happy with it. Zippy performance thanks to the generous RAM. Camera is fine but then again I don't take pics that often so this isn't a priority for me.

2 issues though :

1) WiFi is strange. By that I mean, it connects OK, but slows down to crawl afterwards as if it can't finish a request and cuts off in the middle. So I get incomplete pages in the browser and unable to download images fully in WhatsApp. My fix was to use a static IP for WiFi.

2) Top button is hard to press. Then again, there is double tap to sleep/wake, so that negates the top button thingy.

There's a 4GB variant with a 1.8ghz CPU? I thought the 4GB model only came with the Z3580 clocked at 2.3ghz?

Posted via the Android Central App

pimago

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Oh it's a parallel import of a China unit. All manuals are in Chinese.

AFAIK, this particular variant of the ZenFone 2 isn't officially available outside of said country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37