Metro PCS Data NOT Working

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys it now is day 3 with the zenfone 2 and for some reason the data is not working. Ive changed the APN settings several times and no avail. Somehow for a strange reason when making a call data turns on to 3g and the H+ but no LTE. I tried surfing the web and viola but as soon as I hang up data is gone. These are my settings as of now. If any of you have this phone on metro and have data working please help. Thanks in advance.

Name
Metro PCS (don't think it matters tho)
APN - fast.t-mobile.com
MMSC - http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
APN type - default,mms,supl

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Tried those APN settings jpr and it would only get me as far as 3G and H+ but the phone had to be changed to 2G/3G in the settings. After awhile they were gone and I switched the settings to 2G/3G/4G and it kinda worked. After some digging here in the forums this is what worked for me. Thanks to ambassador Rukbat for posting this.

Try this as your APN settings:

Name: MetroPCS (this is just so you know which one it is - you can name it anything)
APN: fast.metropcs.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://mms.metropcs.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port:
MCC:310
MNC:260
Authentication tupe:
APN Type: default,mms,supl
APPN protocol:IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol:IPv4

tastytoast

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. It was working for an hour after I was at MetroPCS having them install the SIM, but my data just stopped working. :(

tastytoast

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Thank you josearmz. I copied your settings 100% and as soon as I switched to the new APN, 4G enabled.

It's been working just fine for a good 15 min now. I'll update if anything else comes up

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Just an update MMS were not working so if your MMS are not working try this and it should send MMS now.

Name: MetroPCS
APN: fast.metropcs.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy:
MMS Port:
MCC:310
MNC:260
Authentication tupe:
APN Type: default,mms,supl
APPN protocol:IPv4/IPv6
APN roaming protocol:IPv4

TeraAshley

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I created an account just to thank you. I haven't been able to send or receive pictures in forever and had just given up. Came across this and all I had to change was the APN Type and it worked immediately.
Thank you so much!

TheLastHer0

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much. Recently bought a locked At&t lg g3 phone, unlocked it and had to call Metro switch over from my iPhone 4 to my lg but the 3g/4g wasn't working. I followed these steps and it worked but my phone didn't have APPN protocol and APN roaming protocol. Just an update to who come across this with the same problem. Hope this not not going to screw anything up.......

313sasquatch

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, Bought the phone at microcenter and then took in to Metro PCS corporate store to get setup. Man did I get ripped off. Paid 15 bucks just for them to get voice and text working. I had no data, but didn't realize it till after I got home. While searching up on it, came across this and fixed it in seconds. Turns out they put in the wrong APN. They had it as fast. t-mobile. com instead of fast. metropcs. com and then had to change APN protocol from just IPv4 to IPv4/IPv6. After making those two changes 4G works. My only question now is whether I can get 4GLTE or just 4G?

Bonny Clyde

Mar 16, 2018
Visit site
I have metro pcs its not your phone the company is throttleing you they do it all the time to millions if you stream they know say you get 15 mbs when you stream they drop it to 2.5 or 3 some people lower they know your going to call so they tell you ways to fix it but it wasnt messed up in the first play so as soon as they guyed you through the steps they ask you hows it now and you say great its because they hit the button to speed it up but they didnt tell you is there a timer set in a couple of hours or maybe a day then it slows it back down big scam then after you let them go you start to get scam calls every day wonder were that came from metro pcs the know your 8 digit password and your pets name hopefut you did use the same pet and password on other sites or for a cc becease they aready know your birthday your mothers maiden name probly

ckl171

Oct 27, 2018
Visit site
Just used these settings to fix a data issue after switching my metro service to an old verizon samsung galaxy s5. It worked! Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol