does the zenfone 2 need custom roms or are u fine with stock?

anon(5316299)

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This. I used to root and deal with custom roms back with my OG Droid and my HTC Thunderbolt...phones that really needed help. Now it's just a matter of themes and some nice to have functionality... Not worth the time.

Posted via the Android Central App

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
This. I used to root and deal with custom roms back with my OG Droid and my HTC Thunderbolt...phones that really needed help. Now it's just a matter of themes and some nice to have functionality... Not worth the time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Exactly!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No phone "needs" a custom ROM for everyone. If there's a custom ROM that does something that you really want, that the stock ROM doesn't d, then it makes sense to flash the custom ROM. But the phone will work as designed with the stock ROM. I have a Note 4 port I can boot to on my Note 3, because I like some of he features on the Note 4, but I normally run a slimmed down stock Note 3 ROM (which is, technically, a custom ROM, since some of the bloatware is gone).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think stock is fine -- I just use Nova Launcher instead of their default one.. does the trick!

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
It would be great to ahve the option. I'm not thrilled with the Zen UI and ASUS is notoriously slow with OS updates. Imagine it will take around 6 months or more before we get Android M on it if we ever get it.

Riyaz Khan1

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
I think i would go for the custom roms as the stock rom is 32bit even though the processor in 64bit.
Also there is alot of bloatware in the zenui and the recent update has tons of bugs which force stops the system ui.
I would love to have custom roms for my phone but developers havent supported the zenfone line much.
Hopefully they do now as the zenfone 2 has awesome specs.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Are slow updates such a terrible thing when the phone runs great as-is? But I do understand the want for the newest.

Having the latest OS on it would be very nice as well. That said... I am still enjoying my ZF2 "as is" right now :).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63