i promise this will be quick and painless

Look and Feel: the phone is a great looking phone i love the styling of the phone (i wish the back was real metal) it feels great in the hands (when you have a grip) i wish the keys where back lit but this is minor once you get the muscle memory. the volume rocker placement is that of the lg g3/g4 but i feel that it is the best place to put it as for the power key it is not as bad as some reviewers will lead you to believe.

Hardware: not much to gripe about here ran everything i threw at it and then some the 4gb of ram really shines in multitasking let no one fool you aside from things like fingerprint scanners and heart rate monitors you not missing much from the likes of the m9 or the s6. this phone punches above its price point.

Software: zen UI is not the best but i feel it is better than most skins on the market the main gripe is the amount of bloatware that it comes with but this is subjective because not everyone will think of the apps as bloat. the ui is snappy no lag what so ever and i like the fact that their are lots of quick toggle options. zen ui is great on top of android 5.0 but i wished they started with 5.0.2 or later.

Sound: not much to speak of here the sound is ok its not boom sound by a long shot but it will pass

Camera: i will say that I'm not great with camera but the zenfone 2's camera gets the job done it wont wow you like the likes of the g4 and the s6 but i've have seen some great shots on the forums the average user wont have to try hard to get some great shots.

Battery: its not the best i've seen but i can get though the day with the zenfone 2's battery i hope with an update to 5.0.2 or 5.1 we will see an improved battery life

Overall: i give this phone an 8.5/10 i do not feel like this is a budget phone or a mid tier phone it is up there with the likes of the s6/m9 and the i6 but the zenfone 2 is not a perfect phone but it does turn heads and make people wonder why their phones cost 600-900 dollars i can't wait for more from asus
    B. Diddy and Guytronic like this.
    06-15-2015 11:32 AM
    All good points. I plan on my own mini review soon--one of my main concerns will be the excessive Android OS battery usage (mine routinely pushes 40% by the end of a charge, which is just not normal). Did you notice that at all?
    06-15-2015 05:00 PM
    Yeah mines is at 37%

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-16-2015 12:42 AM
    Dangit. If Asus can get this under control, the battery life would improve significantly, and then this would become a quite awesome phone. As it is, I feel it's hovering at OK to good.
    06-16-2015 02:32 AM