Apps on microsd card and reboots?

quizzer25

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
I have a samsung evo 64 GB microsd card inside the 16 GB Zenfone 2 model. Whats the recommended practice to store apps on sd card vs internal memory. Will having microsd card have impact on random re-boots? Is there any dependence on the apps stored on sd card?

I'm planning to have the photos and music on the card.

How about apps like
APN - i use a tmobile mvno "ultra"
Linkedin

There are some apps which cannot be moved to sd card like Facebook, whatsapps etc.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I always keep/kept apps in internal memory since it is more reliable and faster. I keep pictures, videos and music on SD card although I have not had an SD card for a while and use google play music for my music and one drive for my pictures backup so not much on my micro SD card in my Zenfone 2.

Posted via Nexus 6!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
While you can put apps on the microSD card, its not the best practice especially since Google killed a lot of support, though they are rethinking that in Android M, go figure.

The issue is most if not nearly all apps are not designed to be moved in full, only in part if that. So a 50MB app may only move 5MB a 1GB game will only move 100MB. When I had my Note 3 I would d/l about 2-2.5GB of apps and only about 500MB+ would move to the card, hardly worth moving at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nephalem42