What ASUS ZenFone 2 cases is everyone using?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Amzer soft gel. Very slim but only for scratch protection, not really impact protection. Also comes with a small lip that my glass protector practically erases. Have to deal for now.

acrewdog

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I picked up three, but I'm only really using an aluminum bumper I got off of ebay.

It does not offer a lot of protection but I like it. I have another "bumper" that I haven't been able to figure out how to put on the phone. Good thing it was cheap. My wife is using a Nilkin TPU case and she likes it.

sandozer

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have just got the Nillkin flip cover (pic of actual one)Nillkin Flip Cover.jpg, which looks identical to your Ivso case/cover. (especially around the hinge area)
It works fine, only problem I have is that no matter which time I set on the Asus Cover Automatic Sleep Timer, it sleeps after around 4 or 5 seconds :(
Any similar issues on screen window timeout ?

texla

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Well mine seems to be working at any time I set. But I did notice that if I just close the case without touching the screen or scrolling to another app then it will turn off in 5 seconds. If I touch the screen then it seems to be staying on as long as the time I set it. That must be how it defines the timing from inactive, not from the time you close the case but from the last time you touched the screen when it's closed.

sandozer

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for quick reply, I have found if I scroll the mini screen it then stays on for the requested time period !
Not exactly how I thought it functioned, but that will work :)

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site

This one arrived today in gold in a very light tone same as the back on the phone. Has a nice grip. Very thin and light for a hard case. Weighs 19 grams.

texla

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Ok, big correction. This IVSO case is more of a novelty than a real protective case. My flip case just cracked in half from a small fall, about 3 feet. Second one I've bought, same breakage. These are slippery for sure but also very thin plastic. My Vena folio case is much better built and has a very strong plastic back. I'm just not a fan of the folio style but at least it's sturdy. Anyone know if the Asus official circle flip case is a better build and less breakable?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

I picked up the same Nillikin case, came with a free pen/stylus in the package. Good overall case and it was a cheap price. Also got the tempered glass as well. So far the only thing that I miss are a real home button and the power button on the top :(

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site