Does anyone know how to fix this issue. I've tried wiping the cache and that does literally nothing. I can't get into recovery mode for some reason because when I try to the screen just goes black. I also have not received the latest software update that went out a few days ago. I'm running the North American Zenfone 2 with 4gb ram and 64gb storage. I'm really sick of getting 2 hours of screen on time with my brightness at 40% and all of the power saving features on. Wifi scanning is off, I use an android wear smart watch, many apps are disabled on boot, uninstalled as much bloat as possible, and still, nothing. Asus isn't helping much and this is really annoying me.
    tonyr6 and sodalimon like this.
    06-22-2015 11:36 PM
    I have the same issue and also have not received the latest update...

Posted via the Android Central App on my Asus ZenFone 2
    06-23-2015 12:25 AM
    Check for an update. Each one I've found has helped quite a bit. If I were both Asus and Intel I'd be all over this. It seems to be the only complaint about an otherwise amazing phone.
    GrooveRite likes this.
    06-23-2015 08:55 AM
    I've been checking daily, and nada. Sigh.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Asus ZenFone 2
    06-23-2015 10:02 PM
    The only thing that helps me is keeping WiFi off, if I turn it on, even for a short period. I have to reboot or the battery life tanks thanks to Android OS killing my battery. Even without WiFi it still shows a lot of Android OS but I get decent battery life overall.

Without WiFi I get 4+ hours SOT
    With WiFi usage its more like 2:30

Hoping for an update to fix it, but since I have unlimited data it's not too awful to live with for the time being.
    06-24-2015 08:36 PM
    I think the time has come to pray for Android 5.1.(1) update. Now that's the only solution all of this problems or issues.
    06-25-2015 01:09 AM
    I think the time has come to pray for Android 5.1.(1) update. Now that's the only solution all of this problems or issues.
    Agreed
    06-25-2015 08:09 AM
    Yeah, my battery life is horrible and I am a lite user. With all apps closed it will drain significantly while just sitting there. Sucks.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
    tonyr6 likes this.
    06-27-2015 05:22 AM
    My battery went from 100% to 50% just sitting on my nightstand overnight. Is that to be expected?

tonyr6 likes this.
    06-28-2015 06:20 AM
    My battery went from 100% to 50% just sitting on my nightstand overnight. Is that to be expected?

In auto start manager app of ur zf2, turn off or close the apps which u don't use quite often.
    Disable double tap to wake up feature. I have this feature on my Lumia and this drains the battery considerably so that's not really a problem with the phone itself & moreover zf2 has gestures and double tap to turn off screen feature as well adding further kill down of ur phone's battery. So just disable this feature(s)
    In the Wifi option, turn off or disable the constant wifi scanning.

Remove unnecessary apps which u don't use.
    Try all these suggestions I've mentioned. This should probably help u out in getting more juice out of ur battery.
    06-28-2015 08:30 AM
    Already did all that but thank you for the tips
    06-28-2015 11:16 AM
    In auto start manager app of ur zf2, turn off or close the apps which u don't use quite often.
    Disable double tap to wake up feature. I have this feature on my Lumia and this drains the battery considerably so that's not really a problem with the phone itself & moreover zf2 has gestures and double tap to turn off screen feature as well adding further kill down of ur phone's battery. So just disable this feature(s)
    In the Wifi option, turn off or disable the constant wifi scanning.

Remove unnecessary apps which u don't use.
    Try all these suggestions I've mentioned. This should probably help u out in getting more juice out of ur battery.
    Thanks! After making these changes my battery drain after 7 hours was just 10% instead of 55%!!!

06-29-2015 05:00 AM
    Thanks! After making these changes my battery drain after 7 hours was just 10% instead of 55%!!!

Ur welcome 😊
    06-29-2015 07:22 AM
    I believe there is a keepawake in one of the asus apps. Funny thing is that it went away after the last update but has come back. You can see this clearly if you go to the battery screen and tap on the battery life graph. It shows charts of screen on time, cellular signal, wifi, awake, etc. The awake bar should be spotty like the others but mine is solid blue, killing my battery life.

The "Android OS" category is a catch-all that includes a lot of things that Asus put into the phone.
    Does anyone have a good app for identifying keepawakes?
    This problem is the one thing that makes me want to root this phone. Dopn't get me wrong, it's still an awesome phone and anyone looking should buy it anyway!
    sodalimon likes this.
    06-29-2015 11:01 AM
    I believe there is a keepawake in one of the asus apps. Funny thing is that it went away after the last update but has come back. You can see this clearly if you go to the battery screen and tap on the battery life graph. It shows charts of screen on time, cellular signal, wifi, awake, etc. The awake bar should be spotty like the others but mine is solid blue, killing my battery life.

The "Android OS" category is a catch-all that includes a lot of things that Asus put into the phone.
    Does anyone have a good app for identifying keepawakes?
    This problem is the one thing that makes me want to root this phone. Dopn't get me wrong, it's still an awesome phone and anyone looking should buy it anyway!

Yes, agree with u. Asus should definitely update zf2 with android 5.1. the issues in this phone are mostly with the initial lollipop (5.0) & not with the phone, once Asus updates this and this would probably kill all the phones out there.

And yaa a recent analysis (sort of) conducted by phonearena revealed that Intel atom Z3580 is better than SD 810 as when Sd810 heats up, the chipset is throttled and looses its power from 2.0ghz to 1.5ghz while at the same time when Intel atom heats up, the chipset is throttled and reduces its power by 10% (which is really good in todays heating chipset world). Still maintaining clock speed of around 2.0ghz even after intense heating. I wonder why not many OEMs aren't choosing Intel processors even after Intel offering subsidies to OEMs choosing its processors.
    06-29-2015 12:50 PM
    Recommend updating the firmware manually, please see: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    After firmware is applied we recommend performing a hardware reset including wipe cache partition. For hardware reset/wipe cache partition instructions please see the following: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-.
    Also another way to help improve battery life is to turn off 'Wifi Scanning always available.' To do this go to Apps/Settings/WiFi Settings/Advance Settings(menu in upper right corner)/Scanning always available/ turn Off.
    Please also see ZenUI app ASUS Support/Assistance/System/Optimize the memory and performance with Auto-start Manager

Sincerely
    ASUS_USA
    planoman likes this.
    06-30-2015 03:46 PM
    Unfortunately I've tried all of these things and they have not helped.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-30-2015 07:51 PM
    A factory data reset did wonders for me after a previous update.
    07-01-2015 10:14 AM
    Recommend updating the firmware manually, please see: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-
    After firmware is applied we recommend performing a hardware reset including wipe cache partition. For hardware reset/wipe cache partition instructions please see the following: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-.
    Also another way to help improve battery life is to turn off 'Wifi Scanning always available.' To do this go to Apps/Settings/WiFi Settings/Advance Settings(menu in upper right corner)/Scanning always available/ turn Off.
    Please also see ZenUI app ASUS Support/Assistance/System/Optimize the memory and performance with Auto-start Manager

Sincerely
    ASUS_USA
    Or you could update us to 5.1.1 already and solve all of this in one step.
    07-02-2015 07:16 AM
    Or you could update us to 5.1.1 already and solve all of this in one step.

Yeah. I completely agree with that. Update to Android 5.1.(1) would all solve that.
    07-02-2015 07:40 AM
    Just cleared cache every after update and usually battery life kinda improves but not significantly, judging from drain meter and sot. I would say an improvement of about 3 to 4 percent from previous update.intel soc does eat a lot of power based on its 28nm processor. A big battery improvement wud be felt on intel soc flagship processor in the near future once they get to the 14nm finfet size and hopefully achieving a max 2.3 clock speed on each core or more.but then again software and updates can only do as much were still stuck with the same processor, unless asus and and intel makes a major breakthrough on their battery manangement which will significantly increase battery stamina.

Posted via the Android Central App - ASUS Zenfone 2 Z551ML
    07-02-2015 08:58 AM
    Just cleared cache every after update and usually battery life kinda improves but not significantly, judging from drain meter and sot. I would say an improvement of about 3 to 4 percent from previous update.intel soc does eat a lot of power based on its 28nm processor. A big battery improvement wud be felt on intel soc flagship processor in the near future once they get to the 14nm finfet size and hopefully achieving a max 2.3 clock speed on each core or more.but then again software and updates can only do as much were still stuck with the same processor, unless asus and and intel makes a major breakthrough on their battery manangement which will significantly increase battery stamina.

The processor used in this phone is of 22nm not 28nm.
    07-02-2015 11:18 AM
    The processor used in this phone is of 22nm not 28nm.
    Sorry my bad its 22, my apologies for the typo

Megsh likes this.
    07-02-2015 01:41 PM

Sincerely
    ASUS_USA
    Part of the issue is this: According to GSAM battery monitor, the kernel is working overtime. Now, I am not sure if that is gesture related, but I just turned it off and am charging now. We will see if the 2 are related.
    07-03-2015 08:28 AM
    Agreed
    I'm pretty sure it should be rolling out
    07-07-2015 04:28 PM