Why has my Zenfone 2 auto rotate stopped?

A

AC Question

zenfone 2 auto rotate stopped

My ZE551ML auto rotate stops working. I will work when it boots to the home screen but as soon as you launch an app it stops. Did the calc test and it says it failed, that is because I had to launch that app. If I restart it works again and the same thing happens as soon as I launch an app. I have the latest update

SeaZen2

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: zenfone 2 auto rotate stopped

Hi, Thanks for the direction.
I cleared the system cache, same result. I have the latest update too After this update is when this started.

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Hello, I wanted to follow up to see if this issue was resolved regarding auto-rotate failure. Did you try safe mode? If tested ok in safe mode there may be some 3rd party apps causing malfunction. If problem still exists while in Safe Mode, recommend performing a hardware reset including wiping cache partition - ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support-

Sincerely
ASUS_USA
cl-frank@asus.com

SeaZen2

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Ok, Did the hardware reset and cache. It now works - most of the time. I did the calc test and sensor failed during 4 attemps then passed on #5, failed #6, now passes each time. It has been a week and it auto rotates about 80% of the time. Faulty sensor ?

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Please ensure firmware and apps are updated to latest versions (above, looks like you already did).

Now that it's 80% operational, when it fails, is it only failing with calculator app or with all apps still?

Sincerely
ASUS_USA

memo lopez68

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Here is my problem and how i solved it ... i bought a ZE551ML model ... 4 GB/32GB .... and the acelerometer did not work ... i read all the posts about this, and seems that was a problem with the firmware update .... well not in my case ... my phone (out of the box) had installed the firmware for another model .. it had the firmware for Z008 models (ZE550ML) .... so what i had to do .. was to install the lastest firmware using fastboot for the correct model .. and problem solved ... rotation works ... (remove the back of your phone and check the label with the serial number.. it will tell you the model for real .. of your phone... not the one that Asus mistakely installed in the factory)

do not use ADB sideload ... will not work .. use fastboot ... i cant post links in here ... but if you contact me i will provide.

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
mine has started this since the last update as well...restarting the phone works for a bit then does it again. Clearly the update because phone is brand new and worked perfect before

SeaZen2

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
I has stopped working again. I decided to revisit my original post and wiped the cache as suggested. It now works again ! Thank you. Why it stops I have know idea. Waiting for the M update, I hope it resolves the slow waking up too.
I still like the phone.:)

supkam

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

Make sure you are on the latest firmware version.
Auto rotate is switched on
wipe cache partition
factory reset your device
Also you may log on at zentalk to post your query

ssina

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here, would you be so kind to send some links or instr. as to how to resolve the issue. Thank you for your time

jaygamerzx

Nov 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi I have the exact same problem as you have. Can you tell me how you did it step by step pls its very urgent .they sent out the mobile to me (ZE550ML) and I bought the (ZE551ML) help me pls......!! Memo Lopez pls help me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21