New update has bricked phone

Billson

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
After receiving the latest update I'm not able to turn on my phone... Have tried a hard reset, turning on whilst charging and other recommended techniques but nothing is working. The phone wont turn on, not even seeing the indicator light flash as I charge it

hecmilet

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
For me happen too, I called the ASUS Support and They could not anythingfor me, now I have to wait until monday, I tried to do a recovery but it did not work.

Krezzii

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem. My device is rooted. I cannot even get into recovery mode. Im stuck on sleeping androind with error. Power+vol up doesnt work. Anyone has any idea how to get into recovery mode?

Krezzii

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Well, some kind of update came up, i have installed it and then im in bootloop. It does not simply start. Phone is rooted, becouse i was using sixaxis app for using gamepad on it. Any idea what to do with that? I have managed to delete cache and data via ADB (fastboot erase command), at least it says its deleted but i cannot get into recovery menu.

Krezzii

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Update: So ive found out that you can get into recovery mod. The problem is it doesnt owrk how it should. When you press power+vol up on screen where is dead droid it doesnt seem to be doing anything. Just keep pressing it like 10-20 times and carefully watch the display. It will go to recovery. Im updating FW vie ADB right now and it looks promising.

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Yet another good reason not to root a perfectly good stock phone.

What a pain.
Nothing wrong with rooting just one has to be aware of what can and can not be done...one is don't try to update and only play with what u know and have fun with the freedom rooting can give you.

Sent from Sony z3

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
CAn you give me a list of the "freedoms" rooting a phone like this offers vs. stock?
If you have to ask then you should not root ur phone cos there is lots of possibilities and if one does not know what they are doing can be more of a pain than fun.
Google it its all there, benefits and risks associated with rooting.

Sent from Sony z3

Sergiusz Jasper

May 18, 2014
Visit site
I didn't realize it was that hard to just bullet point a sample list of freedoms? :confused:
I'm sorry but is it really that hard for u find it on ur own....i have with no problem.
Google search or search on here cos there is plenty of information on this topic lol

Sent from Sony z3

Albert Tan888

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Rooting is fun but risky. Stock is Boring but safe. But for so long I've been playing with rooted devices and custom roms I got tired of it. My best suggestion is, if your phone ain't broken and urgently needs root then don't try to fix something that is not broken it will only make it worst. If you badly need root due to it is required by an app for work or your coding new apps for testing then fire away and enjoy the blazing 2
3ghz 4gb potential. Otherwise stay with stock rom and Unrooted.

Just my two cents.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

WAWMAM515

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
HELP - after update my ZenFone screen has gone out or it is in permanent sleep and I can't wake it

I just bought the ZenFone 2, was setting it up - haven't even got the sim yet, just working via home wireless - saw there was an update and updated. During the update the screen went 'fuzzy' - in reality probably a thousand horizontal lines making it look like a shot of a 1950s television with bad reception - then it went black. I can tell there is still life because it will vibrate periodically so something is going on, but I cannot see anything. I do not know if the screen is out or just can't be woken up. I haven't even registered it yet, it is brand new! ZE551ML I have no idea what rooting or stock is - so my settings are still pretty much factory - I just set up my gmail account, lock screen, let it recognize my home wireless without locking, and uploaded a couple apps. HELP please? Can I reset everything from my computer or something? What do I do? This is my first smart phone, just when I was starting to think maybe I was stupid for resisting getting one, this happens...

WAWMAM515

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
HELP - after update my screen is black - either the screen went out or it is asleep and will not awaken

I just got my ZenFone (ZE551ML) and was doing basic setup via home wireless, haven't even got sim yet - just working on wireless at home. Set up google mail, set up screen lock, got it to recognize home wireless and not do lock at home, added a couple apps then saw there was an update and updated. Big mistake. While updating the screen got hundreds of horizontal lines (like early TV - making it unclear 'fuzzy'), then it went black. It vibrates periodically so I know it is still alive, but nothing is visible. I haven't even registered it yet - it is brand new! this is my first smart phone, so no idea what rooting is - it is pretty much factory settings still. Working on laptop obviously since I can't see anything on the phone...can I reset via the computer? Any suggestions? HELP PLEASE....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks