ASUS ZF2 (2G) VS MOTO X PLAY - Which Mid-Range Phone to buy?

mlmeloy

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The Moto X Play will have better battery life, maybe a better camera, and be water repellent, supposedly. But its also going to be $100 or so more expensive, no? You could get the 4 gb Zenfone 2 for the same price.

Posted via the Android Central App

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
For the money you can't really beat the Asus.

I like the 802.11 a that's offered in it to (not on Moto)

Moto just has 2 GB memory half the ASUS.

IMO ASUS wins hands down.

VannTH

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Im guessing both will have their pros and cons

The Moto x play definitely will have better battery life, probably a more premium feel and almost vanilla android experience

The zenfone 2 however (at least on specs list) is more powerful (can't beat those 4gb of ram), and while asus ui isn't the best android experience, the experience overall is very smooth and customizable. Also the zenfone 2 is dual sim enabled, if that's your cup of tea.

I would love to see a comparison between the two once the play is available

V.

VannTH

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
The Moto X Play is already out in Brazil and there's a dual SIM model.

Oh my, didn't know that..
Let's hope it comes soon to Mexico.
How much does it cost in Brazil? (maybe comparing it to the Moto g's cost for reference)

V.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
The difference between them is about 300 R$, both models with 16gb and 2gb of RAM. Moto G about 1000 R$ and X Play about 1300 R$, depending on the shop. For now they are selling both phones only online and Moto maker is down right now :)

In the physical stores you can find just the Moto G with 1gb of ram for 100 R$ less. Just a note, the X comes with a turbo charger in the box.

VannTH

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
The difference between them is about 300 R$, both models with 16gb and 2gb of RAM. Moto G about 1000 R$ and X Play about 1300 R$, depending on the shop. For now they are selling both phones only online and Moto maker is down right now :)

In the physical stores you can find just the Moto G with 1gb of ram for 100 R$ less. Just a note, the X comes with a turbo charger in the box.

Thank you Javier, sounds like a really good deal

Have a nice day

V.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It is a really good deal! :)

I'm just waiting to get an X Play on my hands and check how I feel about the size and weight. Specs and price wise it seems perfect for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx