USB connection killed my phone, what should I do?

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
USB connection killed my phone

Picked up a Zenfone 2 ZE551ML for my son. It arrived on Saturday. Worked great until last night. He plugged it into a USB cable on the computer to copy some files over. The screen went blank and then nothing. Could not force a reboot wtih volume up and power press/hold. Tried to let battery discharge over night to see if that would reset it. Charging light doesn't even come on. And it won't boot after charging for 30 minutes this AM.

Think I'm going to have to return it. Any suggestions before that?

Thanks.

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: USB connection killed my phone

Wanted to follow up with you to see if this issue was resolved. If you have not returned yet, please try long pressing power button for at least one minute without charger connected. Then connect charger, check if power LED indicator is on and let charge. Then try powering up again.

If you have tried other cables and/or chargers and unable to power on it may require warranty service or sending back to place of purchase for exchange. If you have any questions, concerns or would like warranty assistance, please feel free to contact me direct at cl-frank@asus.com

Sincerely,
ASUS_USA

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

we ended up returning it. Seems there is a known bug on the USB connection with a computer? At least there are threads on it at XDA.

SYTH3R

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

Hi thymeless,

Its better if you visit your nearest service center, because its still under warranty i assume & they can either fix or replace the device & that would be better rather than trying something which may void your device warranty.