Why wont my phone charge, cannot be turned on, but buzzes twice every few minutes?

A

AC Question

my phone won't charge, cannot be turned on, but buzzes twice every few minutes

I bought my Zenfone 2 about 3 months ago and it had been working perfectly fine. However, on the day before yesterday the phone appeared to lag more than it usually does but I didn't pay much attention to it. Later in the evening I noticed that the battery was not reducing and it remained constantly at 50%, despite me having watched at least an hour of youtube on it.

Later, when I was watching some videos online, the phone suddenly turned off - I thought that was because I had used up all the battery, so I plugged it into the main using the original cable and charger, but the phone would not charge and the little light on the top right of the phone never came on. I could not turn on my phone and all the phone would do was buzzes every few minutes. So since then, I had kept the phone connected to the charger (and it carried on to buzz twice every few minutes). I tried to turn the phone on yesterday morning by long pressing the button on the top of the phone but it would again not turn on at all.

I disconnected my phone from the charger about 2 hours ago and now it seems to have stopped buzzing.

I am currently in the UK and I bought my phone from abroad so I cannot get a warranty fix in the UK.

Please kindly help if you know the the problem is and please give me some advice.
Much appreciated. Thank you.

tinayay

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: my phone won't charge, cannot be turned on, but buzzes twice every few minutes

I had the same problem with my phone..i bought a new battery but it still wouldnt charge... there seemed to be some kind of error in the system, i have no idea.. i never fixed it though, but bought a new phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: my phone won't charge, cannot be turned on, but buzzes twice every few minutes

Is there any chance the phone became wet or experienced high humidity? If you can remove the battery for at least a minute, replace it and try to charge it again. If the device is overheated it will not charge but add you've had it off of the charger for some time now it should be cool. If it won't charge still try a different cable and charger. Also check that there isn't any debris in the port. The reason I mention the port is because the buzzing could be an indication that it wasn't connected well and may have either been shorting or cross circuited. This can also occur of the phone had become wet or damp or if your cable has become damaged. Even if it doesn't appear to be charging leave it plugged in unless the buzzing returns then try something else. Also be sure the phone doesn't start to over heat, again this could be a sign that something is crossed. Uncooked rice over night may help if there's a chance it could have seen moisture, hopefully tho it won't be damaged from having power applied in that condition however these devices are kind of smart and may not have allowed the charge if it sensed moisture, maybe. Let's see if we can get it to charge and see if it'll turn on from there. I will say this showing it to turn its self off is not good for the device. While I realize that in this case it was unexpected, I will go on to say that sudden power loss in a device like this is similar to holding the power button on your PC until it turns off. It can have unexpected repercussions, and just like your PC may need a moment while it checks its files and OS for damage before allowing a restart. So if the LED didn't light right away don't panic.

hahayoyo

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for your reply. No i dont think it became wet or experienced high humidity at all. I did not drop it into water or anything. When it happened I was just using it in my room. it also doesnt appear to have any debris in the port. So do u think it is a shorting or crossed circuited issue?

hahayoyo

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site

the phone buzzes every 1 and a half minute evenly regardless of which charger or cable I am connecting with, but when the phone is disconnected from the charger, it does not buzz. Hope this adds slightly more info about my phone.....

alex gordienko

Oct 3, 2015
Visit site

bro i have the same problem i charged my phone over the night woke up with 50% after few minutes of using the phone It shutted down suddenly and it wont power on just Vibrating every few minutes...

have you managed to fix it??? im pissed off :((((

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

I've been thinking in this and nothing has occurred to me, my best advice at this point is to contact the manufacturer. They would be better suited to answer this, followed by an insurance claim.

tinayay

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site

If you manage to fix it, could you post here what the service said the issue was? I haven't tried fixing mine because i wasn't sure if it'd turn out to be expensive or not.. mine is a relatively old phone that i had thought of changing anyway... but I'm curious still of where the problem lies

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo