Help my zenfone2 dead

alexg1993

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
I charged my zenfone2 ze551ml over the night and it charged only 50% and after 5min of using its just shutted down and wont turn on i tried different cable and adapters and still the same
I also cant get into recovery mode the screen tottaly black and just vibrating

Help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What happens if you press and hold the Power button? Does it vibrate? Does it seem to be on, but just the screen is not working?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And is it vibrating constantly, or does it just vibrate once when you try to power on? If it's vibrating constantly, then there's probably some major hardware malfunction. If it vibrates only once, then perhaps it's just the screen that's damaged. Either way, you should contact ASUS for warranty repair.

alexg1993

Oct 4, 2015
Visit site
Its just vibrating twice and not showing anything ptobably hardware/battery problem.
How ever i will give it to repair center its under warranty.

asus_usa

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Is the power LED indicator light on when charging? Please try long pressing power button for at least one minute without charger connected. Then connect charger, check if power LED indicator is on and let charge. Then try powering up again.

Sometimes re-seating the battery can help resolve this type of issue however for this model the battery is non-removable and will void the warranty if taken apart. If you have tried other cables and/or chargers and unable to power on it may require warranty service. If you have any questions, concerns or would like warranty assistance, please feel free to contact me direct at cl-frank@asus.com

Sincerely,
ASUS_USA

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Is the power LED indicator light on when charging? Please try long pressing power button for at least one minute without charger connected. Then connect charger, check if power LED indicator is on and let charge. Then try powering up again.

Sometimes re-seating the battery can help resolve this type of issue however for this model the battery is non-removable and will void the warranty if taken apart. If you have tried other cables and/or chargers and unable to power on it may require warranty service. If you have any questions, concerns or would like warranty assistance, please feel free to contact me direct at cl-frank@asus.com

Sincerely,
ASUS_USA

I am going to give that a try with my dead ZF2... can I reach out to you with warranty concerns as well?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781