ZF2 Messaging Multi-Person Text Difficulties: Can I Get Some Assistance?

mp_usr

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
ZF2 Messaging Multi-Person Text Difficulties

Phone: Zenfone2, 16GB/2GB, ZE551ML, ASUS_Z00AD
Build WW_2.20.40.97_20150917
Carrier: T-Mobile

For text messages with multiple receivers, where person A has sent text to persons B, C, and D, and I am one of the receivers (B, C, D), I am having some difficulties with the Messaging App.

1. I can only reply to the sender, person A, there is no option to send to all, or select from among the list. I must add others separately to send to more than just A.

2. It does not match the person's numbers to my contact list, it shows all persons by their phone number only.

3. It keeps creating new message threads for each additional message. If I reply to A, and A then reply back to me, I receive it in a new message thread. If someone other than me replies, it starts another message thread for their response instead of adding it to the original message thread.

I was using an LG 4G before this phone and never had an issue with multi-person text messages and threads coming from the same people I'm exchanging messages with now.

Any suggestions for how I could get the Zenfone 2 working the same with messaging?

Thanks.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: ZF2 Messaging Multi-Person Text Difficulties

I've had that same issue. I just disabled ASUS messenger and downloaded Google's messenger.

ASUS ZenFone 2 (4GB RAM)

mp_usr

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site

artlu629 thanks. By chance are you using the dual-sim feature of the ZF2 with text messaging ... that's a key feature for me. If you are, can you confirm that Google's messenger works okay with it too?

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Sorry, but I am only using one SIM card. I can not confirm whether that'll work.

ASUS ZenFone 2 (4GB RAM)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair