Notification Light Too Dim

JoeFromSD

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I mean the little exterior light top of phone which blinks after a voicemail or message is left.

I can hardly see it from most angles and some angles can't see it at all, plus the blink rate is very slow,

any way I can change these two things??

Last edited:

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah one of the things that drives me a bit crazy about the phone. Many folks have voiced their opinion about it at the ASUS Zenfone forum but I think we're stuck with it being a weak light. Plus it only has 3 colors as well.

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Maybe its certain models. My Z2 the cheapie version the notification light is every bit as bright as my Nexus was. In the dark it is like a beacon. In the daytime if it blinks and I look at the phone it is quite visible.

Billy Bob Jimmy Joe

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm also disappointed by the LED. There's only yellow (notification), orange (battery low), and green (fully charged). For my two previous Nexus (4 & 5) I used LightFlow and I loved it. I put a different light and flash rate for different types of notification. Now it's so bland.

ASUS ZenFone 2 (4GB RAM)

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
NO.

NOTHING will help it. Unless ASUS programmers have some software update that can adjust.

It is what it is folks.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Like I said. At the Asus Zenfone forums it's been discussed and requested several times. They just claim they will "review" things.

JoeFromSD

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
well, someone answered with
"Sell your phone. thats the only fix for this problem"

so my question now is, where would I go to sell my phone in southern California, Craigslist?