Looking for smartphone recommendations. Any suggestions?

A

AC Question

Looking for smartphone reccomendations.

Hello all, so my current phone is having issues, and I need to upgrade (it's pretty outdated anyways).

So, I want to get a new android phone, and need some recommendations, there are a few things I'd like and am having trouble choosing.

First of all, the asus zenfone 2 caught my eye, probably because I have an asus gaming laptop, and a powerfull phone would be nice, although apparently the cameras are not so good. None of the local providers here have asus products, so I wouldn't be able to get it on contract either, that means paying out full price which would be tricky at this point in time.

Anyways as I said there are some features I'd really like, and some I could compromise on.

Wireless charging - I would like that, however it's not super critical, and if the phone has some sort of fast charge technology like the asus, that would be fine. I guess aside from saving the connector, having an iphone before means wearing out cables gets expensive, but not with micro usb.

SD Card - the latest galaxy phones got rid of the SD card slot, which is a big, big no no, on a budget, and on principle, I don't want to have to pay a load of money to get chipped memory when you can buy micro SD cards so much cheaper.

USB host functionality - I deal with moving data around a lot, and being able to use the phone to hook up to flash drives (or even external hard drives, with an external power adapter of course) is critical, I'm not sure what android phones are like for this, or if some manufacturers don't allow this functionality.

So, if someone could offer some advice/point me in the right direction that would be fantastic.