Forced to use the ZenUI PC Suite, recommendations?

Taiper

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
Forced to use the ZenUI PC Suite

Previously, when connecting the Zenfone 2 to my laptop, it was possible to go to the DCIM folder to copy photos. Now, however, when connecting via usb, the Zenfone does not appear as a drive with the option to go into that folder. It shows up only as CD Drive (F:) Asus ZenUI PC Suite, with option to install it. Whether installed or not, I'm still not able to go into the this folder or any other, to transfer the pics.

Recommendations? Thank you.

maciek90

Jan 31, 2016
Visit site
Re: Forced to use the ZenUI PC Suite

While connected: go to Settings > Storage > Tap on USB storage icon on top > uncheck and then check MTP.

Taiper

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site

Upon unchecking MTP, it quickly and automatically rechecks itself, and then the described problem persists. What to try next? Thank you.

SYTH3R

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

Go to your Laptop check if the drivers are properly installed on the lower right hand side of your screen when you connect your USB.

When you connect your USB your device should pop up something on the notification panel tap on the same, Connected USB => MTP => Check.

You can also follow Zentalk for community support.

Taiper

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site

When connecting the usb cable, in the lower right hand corner this notification appears: "CD Drive (F:) Asus ZenUI PC Suite | Tap to choose what happens with this disc". So the drivers are not properly installed? I think I'd prefer not to use the ZenUI PC suite. Previously, I could simply go to the DCIM folder, but now, as mentioned, the only option is open and install the Asus ZenUI PC Suite, which a) I don't think I want, and b) hasn't installed properly yet even when trying to use it.

poolento

Jan 31, 2017
Visit site

hello Taiper...

I'm having the same problem..
did you finally solved this issue???

ASUS Zenfone data transfer it's a hell...

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
You could use a file manager program then have it copy the images to google drive or similar cloud. Then move from there to your laptop