Update News?

NotAGhost

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
According to zentalk, it looks like Asus is planning on releasing the update at some point during Q2 of this year. I'd post the source but I can't post links :( but you can find the info in the "hot news" section, under announcements in the zentalk website.

Tuan Le Anh

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I am awaiting Marshmallow update for my Asus Zenphone 2 also.
It's too sad for Asus users that Android N is on the way already and we still stuck with Lollipop :( .

SYTH3R

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey Android M will be available in Q2 2016. That means in between April to June 2016.

Andoid N will take a lot of time to be available on nexus devices first.

swish_08

Mar 16, 2016
Visit site
They updated the 1st gen Zenfones last year on May 31, I think they will also rollout the Marshmallow update like last year since they will also announce the 3rd gen Zenfones in Computex on May 31.

SYTH3R

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Hello I dont think so that 1st gen devices will get Android M update as the moderators on Zentalk already mentioned that 1st gen devices will receive updates based on Android L.
Check here :
ZenTalk

acrewdog

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Looks like they are not going to hit their target. The websifte hs now been updated to say that the M update will come "From 2nd quarter 2016" meaning it will come later. I'm bummed but I'd rather have a good update that works over a bad one. Android 6.0 Marshmallow upgrade timeline-Official Release

I feel like I underestimated the structure needed to bring a new chipset up to speed and now, since Intel is out, it must be very difficult to get all the drivers working well. After all, those of us here since the start recall the many updates it took to get the radios stable. I don't want to go back to crashing drivers.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Asus must roll out the update to sets of phones rather than to all at once. I just did a "Check Update" and was told I have the latest version. Looking forward to my turn.

chosen1_88

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Looks like it's available for the Zenfone 2 Laser (Snapdragon 615) but not the Zenfone 2 (Intel). Wife has the Laser and it's running Android M but my Intel still has no update. The posts here seem to confirm that as of this writing.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer