Asus Zenfone 2 with Tmobile Data Connection issues, help?

TuesdayVisitor

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Asus Zenfone 2 with Tmobile Data Connection issues

I have the Asus Zenfone 2 ze550ml, since August 2015. I love it, great phone...blah blah blah.

I've had Tmobile service (switched from MetroPCS) since February. When I first switched I was getting H+ speeds and my speedtest app was saying I was getting 25mbps. 2 weeks ago, I stopped getting the H+ symbol and now only get 3g. The 3g speeds are TERRIBLE! .33 Down and .4 up. I've contacted Tmobile NUMEROUS times and they all give me the run around and put in a "ticket" with the promise that they will call me back in 3 days with an update.

The last person told me that they may have updated their towers and since I'm using a "world" phone (her words) it no longer works with Tmobile. I showed her my phone's specs to prove that my phone is, in fact, 4g compatible with Tmobile, and she quickly rushed me off of the phone.

I live in the middle of a large city, in the middle of a huge coverage zone. I'm at a loss of what to do next. I love this phone, and I don't think I should have to buy a tmobile phone to get network data. I've changed, reset, double checked all of my APN settings and I still can't get better than this garbage 3g.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Asus Zenfone 2 with Tmobile Data Connection issues

Welcome to Android Central! Which APN are you using? Make sure it's the T-Mobile GPRS (fast.t-mobile.com) one.

When you say you reset, do you mean you did a factory reset of the phone, or was that in reference to the APN?

TuesdayVisitor

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: Asus Zenfone 2 with Tmobile Data Connection issues

What REALLY makes me angry is that, when I had service through MetroPCS, I had no data issues. I moved to TMobile because I thought I would get better quality with my phone calls. I'd much rather have good data and crappy phone calls. MetroPCS is a prepaid service that utilizes Tmobile towers, so I honestly don't know what the deal is.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try wiping the cache partition: New Steps to Wipe Cache in Zenphone 2-ZE551ML. If that doesn't help, it might be worth trying a factory reset.

Also, ask T-Mobile for a replacement SIM card. If that works, then I'd ask them to refund the cost of the new card, since in that case, the previous card they gave you must have been defective.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs