I'm using the 4GB/64GB version.

My phone suddenly dies(no screen, no sound, no response with buttons, no led lighting up with charging etc.) and just restarts with the asus and loading icon shown first affer a minute or so. It looks basically dead before it restarts.

I notice that it only happens when my screen is off and I'm just pressing the button on the stock earphones to switch music tracks or pause it. It doesn't happen on other circumstances.
    04-16-2016 02:49 AM
    Can you test other headphones to see if it happens with those as well? If they do, then it may be a problem with the headphone jack, or possibly the firmware. What firmware version is the phone on right now?
    04-16-2016 02:54 AM
    It didn't happen on my older earphones, which also don't have mics or buttons. I used the stock one, because the old ones broke.

IDK if it's related but it started when I set the audio wizard to video mode. I'm trying it on smart mode now. Also, I kinda dropped my phone before. Caught it with my shoe, but the floor hit the really upper left part, breaking the tempered glass cover only. The restarts didn't happen and I was still using my old earphones there. I also tried different players and it still happened.

Random restart during music and stock earphones-screenshot_2016-04-17-13-23-17.jpg

Is this my firmware? I also just got this update, hope the error doesn't happen now.
    04-17-2016 01:38 AM
    Difficult to say. The recent trauma does raise the question of a hardware problem. See what happens with the new update.
    04-17-2016 02:45 AM
    Sadly, it happened again. It really only happens when I'm using the mic button to pause/switch tracks(with the screen turned off, I guess).

It doesn't happen in any other circumstance like music playing, games, videos. I'll try pressing the mic button on these if anything happens.

IDK if it's a software problem or hardware problem with the earphones or slot.
    04-18-2016 05:24 AM
    I tried playing a game then repeatedly pressed the mic button on the earphones. Nothing happened.

I turned the screen off, then pressed it again repeatedly. Then wow, it died then restarted again. I guess, it's something with the screen turned off and the mic button?

UPDATE: I removed my music players(default and mxplayer). I tried the spam-mic-button thing while the screen was off during a running game. No restart.

I realized too that the music player opens up when I continuously press the mic button, even when the music player app is closed. I guess the the restart is related to the process of switching/pausing tracks?
    04-18-2016 05:39 AM
    I'm glad you were able to narrow it down to the mute button. If I had to guess, I'd wonder if the trauma messed up one of the headphone jack connections somehow, such that the mute button signal is causing some kind of short in the power circuits. All I can suggest at this point is to avoid that button (or get headphones that don't have any remote control buttons).
    04-18-2016 02:01 PM
    That's what I was also thinking with the circuits and stuff. I tested again and it happened again even if the players were uninstalled. It's really the pressing of the mic button. Although it was with the screen turned off and a game running. I'll try with just the home screen and the screen on.

I'll try other earphones with buttons, in the future. It's really more convenient, compared to ones without.
    04-18-2016 02:48 PM