I keep having lock screen problems. I have set it so auto lock after 2 minutes and power press auto locks instantly. I use a pin so this always on defeats purpose

Doesn't seem to work and I have to do a restart to get it on.

Anyone else have this problem? Its a PITA as phone will switch on in pocket etc.

Suggestions to fix?
    09-13-2016 10:11 AM
    Sorry, can you clarify? Is the screen coming on by itself, unlocked? Or are you having problems getting the screen to turn on?
    09-13-2016 02:27 PM
    Screen comes on from pocket etc. Setup to require a pin. See lock screen setup image.

lock screen problems-screenshot_2016-09-13-15-51-42.jpg
    09-13-2016 02:58 PM
    Do you have the double-tap to wake feature turned on? Maybe the phone is detecting inadvertent double-taps while in your pocket.
    09-13-2016 05:00 PM
    Do you have the double-tap to wake feature turned on? Maybe the phone is detecting inadvertent double-taps while in your pocket.
    Not sure where that is but if it needs a pin how would it turn it on?

After restarting it currently is not occurring but that is the pattern, in a day or so it will begin again.

My suspicion is some program overrides the setting somehow.
    09-13-2016 05:50 PM
    Double-tap to wake is a ZenMotion. Go to Settings>ZenMotion>Touch Gesture. Under Suspend Mode, there's a switch for Screen On (Double tap to wakeup).

If you have a PIN or pattern set up, and if the screen is locked, then double-tapping the screen will wake up the screen, but to the PIN or pattern entry lockscreen.
    09-13-2016 09:19 PM
    I have not used the touch Gesture disabled that a long time ago due to problems with pocket presses.

I have gone into auto-start manager and denied everything except calendar, yahoo mail and hangouts. I also noticed an old file from clean master was constantly starting even if I went in and manually stopped it.

If I restart it works for a while but then goes back to staying on. Screen goes black but pressing the power button brings it back to an on status without having to enter my pin.

If I did a full rest of the phone what occurs? I guess I then have to reload all the programs I want back. I think google will do this but it probably loads some programs I don't want back.
    09-16-2016 11:03 AM
    Try a cache partition wipe, which won't erase any personal data: https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-9229-1-1.html
    09-16-2016 11:36 PM