I tried to format cache in my zenfone 2 ZE551ML , then I used instruction from internet ........

B R P

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
I tried to format cache in my zenfone 2 ZE551ML , then I used instruction from the internet to reboot , so I used all used ADB set up and used reboot commands etc..... But I think I loaded the wrong image and wrong reboot files , now my Zenfone2 just shows the start ASUS logo and does not go any further , when I connect it to my PC it just goes through a cycle of starting showing logo and then off again and keep repeating it .
When I try to use the command prompt to control the device it does not find the device anymore ( while it did when I ran the command prompt first time) , also the power button + volume does not work anymore ...
Could anyone please help ? any idea what happened here ? any chance of recovery, please
Many thanks
BP

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I tried to format cache in my zenfone 2 ZE551ML , then I used instruction from the internet to reboot , so I used all used ADB set up and used reboot commands etc..... But I think I loaded the wrong image and wrong reboot files , now my Zenfone2 just shows the start ASUS logo and does not go any further , when I connect it to my PC it just goes through a cycle of starting showing logo and then off again and keep repeating it .
When I try to use the command prompt to control the device it does not find the device anymore ( while it did when I ran the command prompt first time) , also the power button + volume does not work anymore ...
Could anyone please help ? any idea what happened here ? any chance of recovery, please
Many thanks
BP
It sounds like you flashed an image to the device? If so, are you sure it was the appropriate system file and not one for another device or model Zen Fone? That could be the problem. Are you able to boot into recovery? If so, try that and clear cache then reboot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox