Extreme battery drain overnight

asuszenfonedan

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Hello, my Asus Zenfone 2 Laser with Android 6.0 that I recently got second hand has a problem that I can`t fix, the new battery I bought for it drains very fast, same with its old two batteries..So far I disabled all the apps I don`t need including google browser and all other google apps, updated all the apps that I use (no games or heavy load apps),disabled location and have 0 data usage in 2 weeks,dropped screen brightness to lowest, deleted the whole cache partition, factory reset the phone, but it still drains super fast, and yes,the new battery is good. Also,there are no apps that use alot of battery
Is this a hardware problem? Should I dump this unit and buy a new one from the store?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. :)

I suppose it could be a short circuit or something. Does it drain while the phone is powered off?

asuszenfonedan

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
I honestly did not try, but after digging through some papers from the old owner,I found that he replaced his charger before,and i`ve read somewhere else that (at least on Iphones) using a non-brand charge can make the phone malfunction, is that possible for this brand?

mek42

May 13, 2018
Visit site
Well, I gave up on trying to fix this and I`m now waiting for my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x to arrive, topic can be deleted

Sorry to wake an old thread but I have a peculiar case. I have been using Asus Zenfone 2 Laser for around two years now without any major issues. Suddenly a week ago the battery seemed to discharge in a very rapid phase, normally I can easily use it the whole day, now it was empty around lunch.

I have another Laser 2 that is not used so I just swapped the batteries. Still battery dies at lunch time. So I go and do a factory reset to both phones, charge them to 100% and leave them at the table. In few hours the other is still over 90% and the second one is in 70%.

Everything in the phones is identical; SIM card, firmware and software versions etc. Can there be a hardware problem, like a short circuit somewhere?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance