Where's all the buzz

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok so the US Asus website has been showing a pre order count down clock for the past 10 days, tonight at 8:15 it finally counted down to 00:00:00 time to pre order. And....... NOTHING, it still just shows the price and still shows sold out , no pre order button, nothing just has the same button that says Arrival Notice, nothing changed. I find it hard to believe that the demand for this phone is that high, if they can't even keep their website store updated I have to wonder how well they will support this phone.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
OK the Asus US website still says available Oct 26th, it's now Nov 1st, I emailed Asus US and they don't even know when the Zenfone 3 deluxe will be available for sale in the US. I realize that there not a major OEM in the US, as far as smartphones anyway, but they advertised this phone pretty well, just no product to go along with the hype. It did sound like a pretty good phone for the price, and the reviews from owners in Taiwan and other countries that have had this available since July seem pretty positive. Hopefully they didn't just give up selling them in the US.

FIAWRC

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Just got it two days ago and have been loading up apps. I'll be comparing this to my 6sPlus. So far I'm impressed with this phone. As far as smoothness, speed its as good as the 6sPlus. The screen on the Asus is better than the 6s. Both phones will have pretty much the same apps that I'll compare too. Its a bit smaller even though the screen is 5.7. finger print scanner is just as fast as the 6s.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Just got it two days ago and have been loading up apps. I'll be comparing this to my 6sPlus. So far I'm impressed with this phone. As far as smoothness, speed its as good as the 6sPlus. The screen on the Asus is better than the 6s. Both phones will have pretty much the same apps that I'll compare too. Its a bit smaller even though the screen is 5.7. finger print scanner is just as fast as the 6s.

Thank you for your taking the time to pass along your experience with the Zenfone 3 deluxe, may I ask what carrier your using it on, and when you get to using it as a phone please pass along the cell signal and call quality info, that's the one thing no reviewers seem to care about, but I need a reliable phone that actually works well as a phone, thanks again.

FIAWRC

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Two things I forgot to mention is the other day it sat for 13.5 hours and only lost 3% battery, runs 6.0.1. And others have said the speaker is tiny and weak. I find it loud and clear. Doesn't have the bass of the 6s but plenty loud for me. Those reports may have been for the 5.5 version that does have different hardware.

FIAWRC

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
After I days use i'm pleased with the performace. The extra LTE band in the deluxe does make downloads with CNN and AP News apps faster when compared to my 6S with the same apps. SkyView is just as fast as on the 6S as is Outlook. Battery life has been good and will get me past a 15 hour day doing games, texting, email, and reading the news. But it wont beat the 6S. That really is the iPhone's big and only advantage. I do have everything on the Asus turned on. Weather updates every 2 hours, email ever 15 minutes and set to push. All location services with the apps I use. By the end of day one it was at 35% then plugged in. It'll charge twice as fast as the 6S. I went from 29% to 100 in one hour 15 minutes. My 6S is over two hours easy.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Newegg now shows 12/16/2016 as available date, B&H Photo was showing unknown availability date, now maybe the end of November. Asus sent me an available email but was sold out by the time I went to their website, probably just going to hold off and see if this phone takes off and actually becomes available in quantities.

FIAWRC

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
Try Amazon. The only area where this phone doesn't compare to my 6S is battery life. It's good, but not as good as the 6s Plus. Is it worth a $400 difference? No. Save $400 and get this phone over an iPhone.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Is this phone already discontinued, stopped production, or is Asus having problems. It appears that Asus has put this phone on their low priority list. The Asus US website seems to be perpetually out of stock and I'm pretty sure that's not from any high sales demand.