Question please on the Delux model vs the ZTE Axon 7... ZenPad help too

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello to all,

I'm looking at the Asus ZenFone 3 Delux but I'm seeing to models. One a 5.5 screen and the other a 5.7 screen. Do you all mind letting me know the difference. I currently have a Nexus 6p 5.7 so I'm more interested in the ZenFone 3 Delux 5.7 but I only see it as international. Is there a deluxe 5.7 US warranty? Lastly I'm also considering a ZTE Axon 7. What do you all think and which one should I go for. I love my 6p but I typically go through a ton of phones so it's time for a change. If you guys don't mind, please educate me on the two deluxe models with different screen sizes and then your thoughts on the Axon 7. I currently just purchased my first Asus device ZenPad 8.0 S. I'm about to order the ZenPad 3S 9.7 inch next so I really like what Asus has to offer which leads me wanting the Asus 3 Deluxe 5.7 inch screen since my 6p is 5.7. Any detailed thoughts and advice would be very helpful.

Thanks to all for the help and knowledge.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
If I purchase the international version on Amazon will I have trouble with it on Cricket although they use AT&T towers. It seems that Amazon doesn't have a US version of the 6gb 5.7 inch screen. They only have the international version. What are the differences in the two. International and US? I think I want the 5.7 6gb version to replace my Nexus 6p. Any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I gave up on this phone a couple of weeks ago, the Asus website seems to be always out of stock, Amazon site said unknown when it will be back in stock, and I think that the ones they are selling are with no US warranty. Newegg has it listed for pre order but keeps moving the available date up. It started at available Nov 11th, the the 15th now it's at Dec. 16th I believe.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I gave up on this phone a couple of weeks ago, the Asus website seems to be always out of stock, Amazon site said unknown when it will be back in stock, and I think that the ones they are selling are with no US warranty. Newegg has it listed for pre order but keeps moving the available date up. It started at available Nov 11th, the the 15th now it's at Dec. 16th I believe.
Typical sounds like. I guess I'll pass on this one too. The 5.7 64g with 6gb sounded pretty impressive so I was going to sell my Nexus 6p and give the Asus a try. I have one of their tablets and it's actually very good. Similar to the ipad mini 2. I figured their high end phone would be nice too but sounds like lot of disorder and probably lack of production. Thanks for the insight. I believe I'll stay away too now.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Both models are on Newegg for pre-order. Who knows when they will actually be available. If you scroll down it shows the specs of each. The 5.7 appears to have better hardware, 21mp camera more Ram etc. Both appear to be available for us carriers. If you need to find out if a phone will work on your network try this site I use it a lot as I too go through many phones. http://willmyphonework.net Hope this helps.

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16875220041

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16875220042

I have not used this phone but was considering it. From what I have read it is a solid phone but has a fair amount of bloat and the camera does well but not as well as it claims. Again I haven't used it just what I've read.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Both models are on Newegg for pre-order. Who knows when they will actually be available. If you scroll down it shows the specs of each. The 5.7 appears to have better hardware, 21mp camera more Ram etc. Both appear to be available for us carriers. If you need to find out if a phone will work on your network try this site I use it a lot as I too go through many phones. http://willmyphonework.net Hope this helps.

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16875220041

https://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16875220042

I have not used this phone but was considering it. From what I have read it is a solid phone but has a fair amount of bloat and the camera does well but not as well as it claims. Again I haven't used it just what I've read.
Hey man. Thanks for the links and info. Glad to see I'm not the only one who blows through phones like a maniac. Really the only high end android I've yet to try in recent months is the HTC 10. I've read a lot of good about it. If I had not just gotten my 5.2 honor 8, I'd have gotten the HTC. Both same size. In this case I'm looking to replace my larger phone I keep which is the nexus 6p. What I liked about the Asus is that it was also a 5.7 inch but I'm too scared to purchase the international version. I like my 6p but as you can relate I'm sure I've hit that point that I'm ready for something different to try. If got the Asus ZenPad 8.0 S which is actually pretty good. I'm thinking of ordering the 9.7 in 3S ZenPad now. I'm also considering the ZTE Axon 7 over the ZenFone 3 Deluxe too. Have you had any experience with ZTE?

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Nope sorry never used that brand. Running a Oneplus 3 now. Great phone especially if you like bloat free devices.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Nope sorry never used that brand. Running a Oneplus 3 now. Great phone especially if you like bloat free devices.
That's another I've looked at but Amazon where I have my credit available doesn't have any deals like I've heard the OnePlus 3 go for. I want to try the OnePlus 3t too.

SYTH3R

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I have been using asus products & must say they have complete support everywhere. They provide software update even for the 2 year old phones.

Zenfone 3 deluxe would be a good option as far i see in terms of camera, performance, UI, support, Community.
Axon 7 in other hand will be a good option only in terms of pricing & a 1 or 2 feature more nothing else is impressing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac