My Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 is just a month old. The 6GB/64GB model, which comes with an almost stock Android interface, not Asus's ZenUI.

After about a week, sounds get turned off automatically. So no screen lock sounds, no ring on incoming calls, no sound for notifications. A few things work, strangely, like dial pad tones, normal songs/videos. Otherwise, zilch.

I've checked everything - volumes, app permissions, cleared cache (took a helluva long time since on Oreo you have to clear the cache individually for the apps!), fiddled around with individual app settings, changed ring tones... I'm using Nova launcher, tried using the native launcher as well. But nope. The ONLY thing that works is a restart. But then after a day or so, the same issue crops up.

I'm at my wit's end, keep missing important calls and texts. Any ideas, please?
    08-30-2018 09:36 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Just curious -- on Oreo, you can't get to the Recovery Menu like this? https://www.hardreset.info/devices/a...recovery-mode/. Deleting individual app caches isn't the same as wiping the system cache partition. (Incidentally, you can typically delete all app caches by going to Settings>Storage and tapping the Cache listing.)

It could be due to some 3rd party app, but if it only happens after a week or so, it might not be feasible to do the usual step of booting into Safe Mode: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/a...430/safe-mode/
    08-30-2018 10:51 AM