Why my phone won't charge while on.it charges only while plugged or shut down.

MrMiguel_11

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
My phone doesn't charge if i plugged it while on, the only time it will charge is when i plugged it and restarted the phone or when it is off. I had done the factory reset and wipe cache still no improvement.I did the Smmi test on Asus selfie and no improvement. I also have the latest update on its firmware.

Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
What are you using for a charger? If a PC/laptop, its USB port is not putting out enough power to charge your phone and power it at the same time. If your PC/laptop has USB 3.0 port, try using it instead as it can output more current. You can tell them apart by their color - USB 3.0 ports are blue:

USB_ports.jpg

On many PCs, you will find USB 3.0 ports only on the back of the box as these are connected directly to the system board; the front ports are connected to the system board by way of cable and connectors which (often) cannot support the higher current and speed of 3.0.

If you are using an actual plug-in charger, look at it carefully (you may need a magnifying glass) and see what it says about the output voltage and current specs; come back here and let us know what you find.

MrMiguel_11

Sep 13, 2017
Visit site
Hi there N4Newbie. I'm using a 5v 2A charger. The problem is it takes 6bhrs to fully charhe my phone and i had run the smmi test and it had function well. I tried different cables and adaptors and they all work on my tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20