(re) Whats possibly gone bad with my phone?

Cheapbricks

Oct 14, 2019
Visit site
so.. i just found my old phone.. its an Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG T00f, it wont turn on of course, connect it to a charger, still no signs of life, but when i connected the phone to my PC, the PC recognizes the phone as CLOVERTRAIL(the codename of the cpu) for a brief second then disappears again, so.. whats possibly gone bad with it?

*i have signed in and added some details

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
By "just found" it, how long has it been gone or missing? If it was months or more, the battery could be drained lower than the normal cutoff point. Try plugging it in and let it attempt to charge for an hour. It sometimes takes a while for it to get enough juice to activate even the charge screen. If the battery is weak or damaged, it may have also self discharged beyond the safe threshold of the battery and will no longer accept a charge at all.

Cheapbricks

Oct 14, 2019
Visit site
the phone have been sitting in the drawer for atleast 3 months.... i have tried what you suggested, and still no signs of life.. i think the battery might be it.

thanks for answering my question :)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
the phone have been sitting in the drawer for atleast 3 months.... i have tried what you suggested, and still no signs of life..
This sort of problem is hard to diagnose, especially in an online forum. There's no telling what is going on for sure, and may require you to send it off to a repair shop. I'm afraid I don't have any better suggestions. Good luck with it and let us know if you do find out what's wrong and get it working again.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First - leave the charger plugged in for at least 3 hours without trying to turn the phone on - then see what happens. A dead battery doesn't charge in a few minutes. (It may not even begin to charge for about 30 minutes.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800