Asus Zenpad 3S 10 keeps rebooting! Help please.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lenovo Tab 4 8", which has been good to me. But they're older, and only got updated to Android 8.1. The newer Lenovo tablets like the M10 and P10 seem decent, if you're looking at the budget range. Don't fall for any no-name or off-brand devices -- they're never worth the effort.

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi, @MahBan! Took a moment to edit you in as the owner of the thread, and moved it to the Asus Zenpad 10 subforum. Glad members were able to help you, happy posting!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Huawei typically makes good hardware, but the main question is if it's certified for Google Play (if that's important to you). If it isn't, then you'll be relying on Huawei's own App Gallery, which won't have as wide or as good a selection as the Play Store, or you'll have to download apk files from random sites (which is a good way to get malware).

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
you suggest I get a new one?

Sorry about the late reply.

I think @me just saying probably said it best: the cash to fix it could be spent in better ways.

Given what you said you use the tablet for in the first post, perhaps a Chromebook instead? Most newer ones can utilize the Play Store, and the battery will go a lot further.

Chromebooks are laptops that are powered by ChromeOS. A much lighter OS than Windows, and are really good for most of the uses you listed. I've used ChromeOS for a while, and if it wasn't for gaming and coding, I would still probably be using ChromeOS today.

If this option sounds like a viable one, I'm sure @B. Diddy can suggest as few good options. He is much more up to date on models than I am. The biggest piece of advice I can give about Chromebooks is go for more RAM. Shoot for 4 GB.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It seems to be budget friendly too.

B. Diddy weighed in on the Huawei product. My opinion: They aren't bad on a spec sheet. But since they are (forced to be) moving away from Android, and creating their own OS (a fork of Android, as I recall), a good question will be how well they will stay up to date in terms of security.

MahBan

Jun 6, 2020
Visit site
Oh, thank you guys! I had no idea about Huawei creating their own OS! I'd rather have Play Store.
So, based on these replies, I better go for Lenovo or Chromebook? What about Samsung? I have had them better (their tablet - their phone now) - the only reason I changed from Samsung to Asus was the price!
Right now, the tablet is still working. It still reboots, but much less! But I deleted some stuff and have been trying to use my phone more. And it doesn't reboot when I'm using it (like going through Instagram, or FB or such) - it mainly reboots when I basically want to *start* working with it! (I haven't done a factory rest yet. Hopefully next week.)

Thank you again for all the help guys! :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is certainly the most common Android tablet you'll find, and they're all pretty good. The top-of-the-line ones (i.e., Galaxy Tab S6) are really expensive, but the budget/midrange ones (Tab A) are generally good for basic use and media consumption. Samsung has gotten better with updates to their tablets (certainly better than Lenovo), so that's a point in their favor as well.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
samsung has some good tablets. they have a couple of newer models that are not high end. check out samsung s5e and the samsung 6 lite. I have the s5e and it is great. it was released less than a year ago. the samsung 6 lite was just released

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
samsung has some good tablets. they have a couple of newer models that are not high end. check out samsung s5e and the samsung 6 lite. I have the s5e and it is great. it was released less than a year ago. the samsung 6 lite was just released

Oh yeah, good call -- I forgot about the S5e.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power