PUBG mobile on Asus Zenpad 3s 10?

NapkinEater

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I purchased a Zenpad 3s 10 last week and really like it so far...with a couple exceptions. One of the many games I loaded on it was Solitairica. It is playable, but has very weird glitches...like only portions of the screen update and would flicker a lot between the previous frame of animation and the current one.
Screenshot_20180320-212945.jpg

Yesterday, I installed PUBG mobile and it was doing something similar.
https://youtu.be/XeYsN8ApHsI

Asus tech support has escalated the issue, but they are currently telling me they think the tablet just doesn't meet the requirements of these game...which I find hard to believe. Has anyone else who has this tablet tried playing these games? Do you get the same results?

Thanks much!

Hadgee

Mar 22, 2018
Visit site
I purchased a Zenpad 3s 10 last week and really like it so far...with a couple exceptions. One of the many games I loaded on it was Solitairica. It is playable, but has very weird glitches...like only portions of the screen update and would flicker a lot between the previous frame of animation and the current one.
View attachment 281291

Yesterday, I installed PUBG mobile and it was doing something similar.
https://youtu.be/XeYsN8ApHsI

Asus tech support has escalated the issue, but they are currently telling me they think the tablet just doesn't meet the requirements of these game...which I find hard to believe. Has anyone else who has this tablet tried playing these games? Do you get the same results?

Thanks much!

Same here with Z500M 10. It more than meets the specification. Really disappointed with Asus and Pubg. Hopefully an update will remedy the issue.

NapkinEater

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I'm sorry to hear it's not just me and sending mine in for repairs won't fix the issue. I'll let Asus tech support know and update this thread with what they say.

Aggermor

Mar 29, 2018
Visit site
Same exact issues here on an Asus Zenpad 3s 10.
It might be worth noting that I am connecting to my phone's hotspot. I'm not sure if that could be affecting the connection after the login process or something.
Good video showing the problem.

EDIT: Good news everyone! After an update to the app today I'm able to get past the login screen and the loading screen. It didn't flicker like the video anymore. One problem though, the UI scale is way too big so somethings don't fit right. I can live with this.

Last edited: